This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mail :@

After sending a gun out last month, they lost it, in the same month they also lost my G36 gearbox, and last week managed to break an MP5 that i sent out, so far theyre failing to contact me and issue any form of compensation, anyone else had bad experiences with them at all ?

Re: Royal Mail :@

Trying to get compensation out of them is like drawing blood from a stone. The last time i had to file a claim, i had to wait 15 days for the item to be declared as lost, and then fill in the claims form. I then waited 2 weeks with no reply. So i rang them 3-4 times that week to track the progress. They then wanted more proof for me to show them the value of the package. I'd have thought an invoice from paypal (as it was bought on ebay) would have been sufficient. But it was deemed not enough. So i gave up

Comment

Every experience I've had has been positive, as far as me sending things goes.

When I've been the one receiving things, I've had good and bad experiences. Our post man isn't particularly good, delivering at around 1400 every day, and a lot of the 1st class mail comes in 3 days rather than 1, but I've never had anything as bad as what you've stated.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

they sent me a cheq for £2.15 for being a week late delivering on a 48hr delivery lol i use this site now to get stuff picked up .
        http://www.parcel2go.com/?keyword=pa...FZFo4wodelGcpw
        sigpic

Comment

Ordered a box of items, sender had a tracking number but days went by and nothing. Checked the tracking number and it had been signed for by D Brown. There is no one at our address with that name and we checked all the flats and houses near by and there was no one with this name.

Spent weeks getting very stressed with them saying we had no idea who had signed for it and the driver stated he couldnt remember?? Finally gave up as it was taking most of my day, everyday for weeks.

I think that they hope that everyone else will just give up trying. It's almost if they make it difficult so you stop trying.
          Everyone is allowed a stupid day but you are abusing the privilege

Comment

sounds like getting the money back is going to horrible, written them letters stating all of the above, but also saying that I will be taking them to (small claims) court if they don't issue a refund, as i have included more than ample evidence to prove everything to them.

Comment

Did you have insurance on all the parcels. If they are all normal delivery, Then you'll get a max back of £40 per parcel. If you can prove the cost of the contents

Comment

sent item out recorded delivery ( everything is rec i send ) checked 4 days later
                with the tracking number , it said we still have your parcell and its going through our system.
                contacted buyer to apologise for RM,s tardiness , he told me he received the day after i sent it .

no loss to me but whats the point of a tracking system if they dont reg the parcell as received
                dont point that thing at me

Comment

Both of Hunters packages were to me. Also I think the missus forgot to add, we bought 2 items from ebay and they went missing too. Guess what? both DVD's, We suspect that some postmen are a little less than honest.
                  Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

when a parcel is sent recorded they check the name and house number if 1 dosent match up it has to be taken back to the po - looks like the postman has jacked your goods mate.
                    Originally posted by DCRISP07
                    An argument over screws, only on Zeroin :P

Comment

A large proportion of Royal Mail staff are dishonest, lazy and incompetent. A good few are theives. There. Said it.

Comment

Royal mail are completely useless, from my days trading over ebay atleast 2/5 packages sent got damaged, was late or got lost completely all being sent out by 1st class recorded so tracking number, insurance everything only ever managed to get money back on one item that was lost. (and that was a month long battle)

i just gave up using them for anything large/heavy/expensive (even if it was at a slight cost to me) i always used a courier (http://www.collectmyparcel.com/) usually cost around £8-£10 and its actually via DHL 48hr they come they collect and then they deliver never had a problem.

all royal mail get from me are birthday cards and boring letters and even some of those turn up late and get lost the morons!

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                          Did you have insurance on all the parcels. If they are all normal delivery, Then you'll get a max back of £40 per parcel. If you can prove the cost of the contents
                          All standard parcel, insured up to £100 & £500, its just such a bitch to go through, as they never get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by arlins View Post
                            he told me he received the day after i sent it .
                            it would have been nice if he had sent you a confirmation pm
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Funnily enough, they get my letters and then deliver them late... Like a few days after a birthday, some don't even turn up... 1st class too.

On the receiving end, my parcels come fairly fast without a hiccup - One time it came quite late, due to 'the boss' meaning absent so nothing got sent during that week.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ells Find out more about Ells
                              Working...
                              X