Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft expansion

Hi,
    Every time i go to my local site there are more people every time, my friends at other sites say the same as well.
    So do you think that more people playing and starting airsoft is a good thing or a bad thing?
    I personally think its a bit of both.
    Originally posted by parky
    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Re: Airsoft expansion

I prefer smaller games... eg CQB at ucap on a sunday less that 20 people there? its brilliant!
    Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

some times bad because that means there are a lot of noobs who cant aim like at my juinor game about 2 mounths ago there was 100 people and about 30 rentals and like 50 new comers a lot of over kills and face shots and no hit taking

all under 18 thinking it was like mw2 and thinking a 6mm bb can go 1000m

Comment

Originally posted by mas12555 View Post
        some times bad because that means there are a lot of noobs who cant aim like at my juinor game about 2 mounths ago there was 100 people and about 30 rentals and like 50 new comers a lot of over kills and face shots and no hit taking

all under 18 thinking it was like mw2 and thinking a 6mm bb can go 1000m
        which brings us to why cqb is best less people, people take there hits as it hurts..
        Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

It's definitely both.

On the good side, our sport becomes bigger and more popular and recognised, and we get to share it with more people, and meet more people etc etc.

On the bad side, sites can get too crowded with noobs as said (sorry noobs.. but that's detrimental to gameplay ). ALSO, the more people the play, the more people become aware of airsoft and the more chance of getting cheaters and tw*ts and also the more chance of getting the kind of people hearing about it that will go and hold up a bank with their RIF.
          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

We were all noobs once, and didn't enter the field as pro-operators right off the bat, worth remembering. I see airsoft expanding as only a good thing.
            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
              We were all noobs once, and didn't enter the field as pro-operators right off the bat, worth remembering. I see airsoft expanding as only a good thing.
              +1 also it's not only the "youngster's" who act like "noobs" :eek:

Andy

Comment

I'm A noob and I don't want and will not ruin a game for experienced people I'm not a cheat (on this sport anyway as I cheat in golf) and the reason we probably can't aim is we need time to get used to the whole idea of bbs not going to go a 1000 m
                I won't do any of above but I do understand why most people hate noobs but please don't hate me
                Thanks
                I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

New players = more popular supprt = less chance that our sport will be taken from us! Yes new players can be annoying (I hate the term noobs - too american) but as someone already said we were all there once.
                  HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

i think its more a case of are sport gets more well known and then you get chavs coming down and thinking "oh guns i can scare my neighbour with this" and then getting more bad rep.
                    besides i dont mind noobs we were all one once.
                    Originally posted by parky
                    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

I don't quite understand how some people's logic works. First of all, you can't stop the change and growth of the sport. It's going to mean a better variety of products at lower prices, all at the cost of you having to play with and against people who are eager to learn.

Secondly, the link between airsoft and robbing a bank is a tenuous one at best.

TBH, I've seen experienced players cheat as often as the 'noobs' that you so often refer to. Just because I haven't spent my life savings on an uber cool M4 variant, doesn't mean I don't want to have a fun, tactically challenging adrenaline rush like everyone else.

If you don't want noobs to be so nooby, it's your responsibility to take them under your wing and help them get to know the sport quicker. Have you ever tried being friendly?

Comment

Originally posted by jmusa View Post
                        i think its more a case of are sport gets more well known and then you get chavs coming down and thinking "oh guns i can scare my neighbour with this" and then getting more bad rep.
                        besides i dont mind noobs we were all one once.
                        You don't have to worry about Chav's at Airsoft. Their Social Worker, Life councillor and support assistant will not allow them to be hurt by the nasty men.

Also we are yet to see Buerberry camo gear lol

Being more serious you can go from 'noob' to gun nut regular player very quickly. Rather than bemoan new players you should invest time and effort into helping them understand it's a sport based on trust and honesty if the really want to be part of it they will get it quickly. If the don't they go back to paintball.
                        Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                        Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                        Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Again it's not a sport it's a hobby, it has no official governing body or official league. I personally welcome the growth of the hobby if it leads to the above.

We were all new players once (noobs is such an annoying term) so I find it poor to rag on them. Its the cheaters that need "educating."

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

well think of it at least it is getting more and more popular like i take my sisters and mates a few times and they have there mates that go now so its not all bad just some people dont like to lose and some people have never use an airsoft gun so they dont know the range or how to aim like when i lent out my gbb m16 to my sister yes it was funny as hell that she nearly had a heart attack but it all comes down to experience

Comment

I think we need to differentiate between noobs and new players......

All of us were new players, some of us remained noobs......

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JMusa Chilled out and enjoying airsoft Find out more about JMusa
                              Working...
                              X