gbb or aeg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gbb or aeg?

hey guys. im very eager to find out what you guys prefer when it comes to assult rifles. gbb or electric, currently i have an aeg and a gbb glock and love them both however i really like the realism and sound the pistol gives off. im recently looking to convert to a gas assult rifle instead of electric.

gas pro's
    realism
    sound
    no batterys
    easy (not gearbox etc)
    easy to look after

gas cons
    mags are expensive

electric pros
    dont have to buy gas
    cheap mags
    parts are easy to get

electric cons
    sound is not as good
    no blow back (mine anyway)
    need to charge batteries

now im thinking gas seems better?

now what do you guys think about the two, which is better in your eyes

Re: gbb or aeg?

Im also thinking about a GBBR!
    I pretty much came to the conclusion that i will get an AEG, cause of leaky gas mags, price of gas and usage in the colder month.

Comment

Gbbr are good to an extent

the cons are , mag prices some are 40 quid each ,

parts wear fast , seals parts ,
      price of gas for replacing it when empty

but the sound is nice and very nice feel .

aegs are nice to use also in all weather , fps is mainly under limits gbbr are hot in some weather and makers guns.

but the choice is yours , try using before buying

Comment

GBBRs are indeed awesome, but they have a LOT of drawbacks...

If you get a GBBR be prepared to pour a whole load of money into it, as they need a lot of tinkering to get vaguely skirmishable, not to mention upgrade parts.

You are far more likely to encounter problems with a GBBR, even after fitting all the aftermarket parts that are "necessary" to make it skirmishable. Nearly every brand of mag out there has its problems that need to be resolved, there's the huge cost of gas seeing as these things literally guzzle the stuff. There's the fluctuating performance, cooldown, low mag capacity, more working parts - more cleaning/more places for dirt to get in, less support in terms of troubleshooting and fixes (as they're a lot less popular)

You will never get the same efficiency and consistency as you will from an AEG and an AEG will be at a fraction of the cost, even with upgrades...

However, when you get a GBBR even vaguely right, it will provide so much more fun and enjoyment than an AEG ever could. An AEG will never put a smile on your face like letting off an auto burst from an upgraded WOC :P Or any GBBR for that matter.

Personally, I have taken the plunge and I still need to shell out a load for mags, but will it be worth it? Yes, I think so. Do I have an AEG as a back up? Definitely, as I wouldn't count on it working flawlessly a whole day :P

If you have the time/money and accept the fact that they are troublesome and do have a lot of problems, then you can have a hell of a lot of fun with them, but definitely have a back up...

That's just my 2p and looking at that I really have stressed the negatives quite ruthlessly :p My experience is just from the WA system and I believe the WE system has its share of problems too...
        For Sale: G&P/Guarder/TM M4/M16 parts - Grips, front ends, stock, motor, rail covers, carry handle etc.

Comment

I'm pretty sure we got a lot of these GBB vs AEG threads...

GBBRs are great, however I don't have a bottomless pit of money to feed one, magazines are quite pricey. Don't get me wrong, but I do love a bit of metal action in the morning.

Magazines I have no complaint, just mind when you're quickly reloading... Dropping one on your toes is not fun I can assure you.

One thing to bare in mind, because of the low capacity of the magazines, you have to pick shots and preserve ammo. - This is more suited towards MilSim, not so much a normal Sat/Sun match as most people use Mids and Hi-caps. Again, doesn't bother me.

Leaky magazines are not an issue, just make sure to maintain them properly.

Cleaning and loading GBBs seem more fun, much more enjoyable than a AEG in my opinion.

I'd go AEG because they're spoilt for aftermarket parts and upgrades and maintenance is not so much of an issue.

Most of my favourite rifles are only in AEG/Spring unfortunately. But lack a bit of realism when firing, but I can live with that.

Comment

I really fancy a G and P GBB, but don't know enough about them to buy one.

Except that to have 9 mags like I have now would cost more than my G and P aeg...lol...
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Or you could get an ebb such as the tm sopmod like me and a mate just have? Don't count out a good ebb till you have tried it sopmod is a seriously good ebb.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Tried the gbbr route got sick of throwing money at the thing. In the end the TM Sopmod is a good in between option for me. If you want to add a bit of realism you can always use the sopmod mags in the 30 round option.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
                  Or you could get an ebb such as the tm sopmod like me and a mate just have? Don't count out a good ebb till you have tried it sopmod is a seriously good ebb.
                  Stop trying to convince them with your pop gun Popey:p. GBB are easy to maintain just tedious. They need more attention to keep them working in tip top condition.

EBB is coming on strong, micky taking aside Popey. But it can no way compare to the kick of a GBB. GBB mags are no more expensive than aeg mags in most cases. Obviously buying Bomber mags then yeah, massive price difference, but WE mags are between £25 and £30 a pop for m16 style mags.

Downside is the amount and that's where you get stung. I have 9 CO2 ones for my WE SCAR and at £35 a shot yeah that's a lot of cash but not that much more for the same amount of TM aeg Midcaps.

But, I have to say, unless you are planning on playing Milsim regulary, then really they are only good for the odd blast, as you will be severey disadvantaged agains a squad of aeg's.
                  Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                    I really fancy a G and P GBB, but don't know enough about them to buy one.

Except that to have 9 mags like I have now would cost more than my G and P aeg...lol...
                    They are really nice pieces of kit, you just need to be prepared to throw money at it :P And an NPAS is pretty much a must for skirmishing.

Like it's been said, they really are the type of gun you can only use every now and then, rather than a consistent skirmishing gun
                    For Sale: G&P/Guarder/TM M4/M16 parts - Grips, front ends, stock, motor, rail covers, carry handle etc.

Comment

With me, if I had one I would want to ues it all the time. Other wise it just becomes a waste of money to use now and again.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I'm about to purchase an AGM M4 063 Shorty off of another zeroin member. I have plans for upgrading it, for one i will extend the barrell and heat shield so it is longer then get a metal hop unit, replace the inner barrel, silicon hop guarder and then some optics. My only concern is that are there any parts that upgrade the outer and inner barrell to make them longer for gbbr's?
                        My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Utorak007

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
                          Stop trying to convince them with your pop gun Popey:p. GBB are easy to maintain just tedious. They need more attention to keep them working in tip top condition.
                          Haha I'm turning into like you with SRC but in all seriousness I was going to get a GBB until I saw Robin turn up to GZW a few times on hot days and having to sort out his NPAS kit due to the temp variance from where he set it up, took so much arsing about it to sort it just put me off not to mention the re gassing of mags/low capacity of them.

On the kick having used a SOPMOD on a 9.6v (not sure if the V effects the kick) I was no different than a WE scar (only used a WE SCAR and Robins AK SU thingy for gas)

Comment

Pope, in fairness, the main problem I had with the NPAS was not holding the valve in place while adjusting it which unscrews the whole valve from the bolt. Also, last time I saw you was the first decent day it had had an outing, so was set up for about 5 degrees. Now I've got the hang of it, I can adjust it in a couple of minutes.

I always find the automatic assumption that cold weather is the death of a GBBR to be both very funny and very annoying. It's not for all guns. OK, an AEG can work well below zero, but for a GBBR to fire consistently at 350, with no perceptible cool-down, at 5 degrees while running factory standard isn't too bad in my book.

As jfox says, cleaning a GBBR is SO much easier than cleaning an AEG. But, you do need to stay on top of the maintenance as seals can dry out, but that's no different to a GBB pistol.

I've got one AEG, one GBBR, a gas shotty and a GBB pistol. The GBBR is the most fun, the pistol the most reliable and the shotty temperamental but great when it's working (but then, I bought it second hand and did quite a lot of work on it, not all successfully!). The AEG goes to all games and almost inevitably gets at least some use.

Bottom line, GBBRs are only going to get better, but at the moment if you can't have both and it will be your main skirmish gun, as much as I hate to say it you're better of buying an AEG.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                              Bottom line, GBBRs are only going to get better, but at the moment if you can't have both and it will be your main skirmish gun, as much as I hate to say it you're better of buying an EBB.
                              Fixed :D also fair play if you sorted the NPAS but it looked a freeking nightmare.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris wheeler Find out more about chris wheeler
                              Working...
                              X