Tourneys - Competitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tourneys - Competitions

Is there a league anywhere in the world?

Comment

Maybe playing devil's advocate here, but would you think once you take "hobby" and give it a competitive element then you tempt people into dis-honest beaviour? Airsoft relies on honour and honesty when taking your hits. If all of a sudden somone taking a hit means the difference between their team winning and losing......

Comment

For somewhere like the mall that will have had a working cctc system working not so long ago, it should be fairly easy to have live view!

Same as J fox...I'm not the slightest bit interested dressing the same as anyone else. Or using the same guns...

If it was Dessy any variety against greens or blacks it would be ok.....
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Trunk Monkey - Hit the nail on the head!!

Tournaments simply can not be regulated. As much as id like to have a go at it, i reckon youd need more marshalls than players to watch the 'Hits'. And to reitterate Trunk Monkey, It will cause more cheating due to the 'win or lose' factor.

Id like to see a cqb game being filmed constantly and aired on youtube. An generally i mean from a '3rd person' POV more than an individuals footage. I think that would be quite good.
          Originally posted by Artekus
          It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

I saw an advert in AI a couple of issues ago. Baically it was a laser tag system where you where a harness and you mount a device on your Rifle, similar in concept to the MILES and SAWES system for the Yanks and Brits respectively. Or to put it simply laserquest.

That could work, as you just can't cheat, end off. However the system although not priced in the mag, would be, I suspect, expensive. I for one Can't see it happening as i dont feel the interest is there.
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

If i were to run my own league I would set up scenario's and game's like this.
              Two teams of five in each match and there is a ten minute time limit and both teams have to get to an objective and hold it till time is up. Both teams will have infinite lives but will have to go back to a regen zone and then they are back in the game.
              Only pyro's aloud would be smokes and there would be a 200rd ammo limit in each match.
              The Winner would get 3 points, the loser; none.
              If both teams draw 1 point would be awarded to each team.
              I think the league would work but I think no one in the UK would televise it.
              Still it might work quite well on youtube.
              Originally posted by parky
              If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

All fair points chaps. It is a shame though! But looking at it I wouldn't want to take the fun out of it and as said in a real competitive environment people just can't be trusted to play fairly.

Although i do like the idea of 1 on 1 team games, just going head to head for fun.
                Krow
                Team Av'a Cuppa Tea (T.A.C.T.) Formerly (A.A.C.T.)
                "Camellia Sinensis Vos Liberatos" - The Tea Will Set You Free...

G&G MP5 SD5, G&G CM16 Raider, KJ Works Sig Sauer P229

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Krow Names Ky. aka Krow. I'm twenty something and I love guns! Find out more about Krow
                Working...
                X