Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To recoil or not.

I was just sat pondering...

With air rifles and lack of springs these days people seem to want No recoil.

With airsoft guns and the introduction of recoil people seem to want MORE recoil.

What do you prefere.

If I could get a GBB with recoil that works properly out of the box and could be used year round that would be a win!
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Re: To recoil or not.

Considering the price of the guns and realism people want, I'm pretty sure they would want a bit more for their money.

I'm personally not bothered with it, although its unlikely there would ever be one that has a kick of a .45 then I would be happy.

If revolvers had some recoil, it'd put a grin on my face.

Comment

Pistols have a lovely blowback feeling. But i don't know if it would be a hinderence for some in an aeg. I like mine as it has electric blowback and sounds different to everything else!

Comment

I can explain it, see with air rifles they want less recoil so they can hit the target a lot easier (basically they use stupendously powerful rifles and scopes (up to like 48x mag) to shoot at tops of 50 yards).

We do it for fun and want realism from our guns as its the closest the average person will get to holding an m4, ak whatever.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

With air rifles, you want as little recoil as possible, as it provides for a more accurate and more comfortable shoot.

Us on the other hand, want the realism, and so the advances in recoil let people feel like they are shooting something more 'real'- hence why you have advances in blowback and recoil engines and the like
          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I made the move to a EBB after using it at GZW, the noise and "feel" just brings a smile to my face. Its nice to get a reaction when you fire your weapon and the sound is just awesome. I will take the fun factor of using an EBB/GBB any day.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

recoil = fun but not as easy to shoot with

no recoil = easier to shoot with but not as fun.
              Originally posted by sparrowhawk
              Mas...sorry mate,i know you are young, but is English your first language?

Originally posted by jfox61
              Erm.. wrong website for this sort of thing.

Comment

The FAC ones are much more fun....

That leads me on to another bug bear.

Price....You can buy a pneumatic air rifle filled from a divers bottle without extras for what.....£300 Solid as a rock. Made in the UK.

What do you get like for like in Airsoft? Maruzin L96 or TM VSR. Springers no where near as reliable or as well built.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Yes but with airsoft gas, due to the gas we use or pay a fortune for co2. Spring sniper rifles are more consistent in each shot they deliver etc.

Its another one of those lesser of two evils i'm afraid. I may at some point get the guarder set for my ak not sure yet.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

You will never ever get the experience of a real steel blow back effect on a aeg or even a gbb rifle or pistol. Trust me you don't want to. Firing something like that all day on a skirmish would leave you with sore wrists and bruised shoulders.

The way they perform though is immense fun. Not for the blowback effect though, unless you have never used real steel but for the working external parts.

Ex squaddies , and there's a few of us on here, can be left a little deflated with their performance. For the rest though they are a good balance between realism and useablity.

I personally like them for the moving parts as opposed to the recoil, as I feel that adds more to the realism than the recoil does.

The GBB get my vote over EBB, not for reliability, as there's no contest really, but for the sound and the extra kick it gives. In this respect an EBB can't hold a candle to it.
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I'd prefer recoil in my primary if I had a choice. Having a bit more realism in terms of your rif sounding and acting like the real steel more than makes up for the slight extra inaccuracy caused by a bit of recoil (lets face it bb's are inherently inaccurate anyway).

If someone produced a ebb with gbb performance I'd be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake, even for an ebb where the bolt carries all the way back. Any "blow back" rif where the bolt doesn't actually blow all the way back makes baby jesus cry.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                      Working...
                      X