VSR10 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR10 Question

I dont know if this has been asked before.
    Cant find anything through the search function.
    Is there a way i can convert a VSR10 to make it more lefty friendly?
    Like moving the bolt to the other side.
    Thanks for answers!

Phil

Re: VSR10 Question

Also, which upgrades are really necissery to make it a good shooter with better range and accuracy then an aeg?
    How much would that cost!?

Comment

I think PDI did a lefty bolt... Some wierd set-up...

Spring
      Piston
      Hop
      Sears
      Barrel
      If it's a VSR you'll probably need a new cylinder too, as you CAN drill it out, but it generally goes awry.

£400-£500 all in.

Comment

A mate of mine 'Your evil twin', managed to modif his VSR to be left-handed. Involved sawing an identical gap for the bolt handle on the opposite side of the receiver, then filling in the old one with games workshop's green stuff. I don't think he had to replace the bolt handle itself although it required modification to swing all the way over to the other side.

Comment

Yes VSR's can be modded to become lefty friendly but requires a fair amount of work and time to do it properly. Upgrade wise,
          1) get a 6.01mm Prometheus/EDGI barrel
          2) Get a firefly bucking (soft or hard depending if your gunna upgrade the FPS), can be found on the website of support of fire (get in quick as they take weeks to re-stock them again!
          3) People mention sears all the time but I've had mine running at 480FPS for a good 2-3 thousand rounds (a lot of shots for a single shot sniper!) without any sear upgrades, next I would get Laylax/PDI spring, spring guide, piston, and then a teflon cylinder if you want to splash the cash :D btw a well maintained stock cylinder will work totally fine
          4) Trigger and piston sear set
          Will cost you a fair amount of money but a 6.01mm and a soft firefly bucking will keep you extreamly content for a long time.
          Hope that helps
          BB
          Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

To be more lefty friendly all you have to do is get the laylax bolt handle, cut out a part of your stock for the handle on the left hand side and then fill the gap on the right side with epoxy resin and re-spray.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
              To be more lefty friendly all you have to do is get the laylax bolt handle, cut out a part of your stock for the handle on the left hand side and then fill the gap on the right side with epoxy resin and re-spray.
              Converting a vsr to left handed is easy and cheap. If your on a budget you dont need the laylax handle. you can use a L96 bolt with a washer infront.

First off you have to copy the gap in the stock onto the left side. As neatly as you can. Then fill the other one with epoxy as said, and it down with wet and dry paper and then spray/

Then you have to make a cut into the metel of the reciever, this is the difficult part as it has to be in exactly the right place and width and requires a very good saw and drill.
              I cant explain exactly how i did i as it was over a year ago but if you can wait 5 weeks I get home from travelling and iv got another vsr shell ready for the same conversion!

Onvce you have done the cutting chuck the vsr bolt, slip on a L96 bolt from a warrior or Mzn and add on the front side of it a thin washer then screw the back on. And it works fine though does need to be kept very slightly loose. Nothing else on the gun needs to be changed!

Best bet is just it and look at the mechninism thinking for a good hour or so then do some drawing on the reciever. And just dont do any cutting too your absolutly sure in your head it will work once its done!

Good luck with it!

Comment

To be honest as the bolt on a spring sniper does nothing what so ever (i.e. it doesn't eject shells or anything) you would only have to cut at the back of the receiver to make the bolt handle slide over.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Some one on here was offering a left handed conversion thingy in my sniping tactics thread - though I forget who it was.

check out the technical section for advice on upgrades.

Mac
                  Originally posted by Coz
                  Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Philshot Find out more about Philshot
                  Working...
                  X