Western Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Arms

Hello. As I have only been 'properly' airsofting for a year now I don't know too much about the older manufacturers. I always hear about how Western Arms the make the best GBBs around, that are excelent quality with perfect fit and finishing. So, I'm wondering, why aren't they sold anywhere anymore? Doesnt WA produce guns anymore? Were most of them discontinued? What happened! Thanks for any info.

Re: Western Arms

they make so many versions of certain pistols that they can only do short production runs,which then makes the guns sought after,and collectable....
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I see. They seem to cost a lot when they do pop up. Are they worth it?

Comment

Yes.

Hell yes.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

He'll yea there pistols are worth it!

But there GBBR's are sh!te, if you want a GBBR get a G&P or Inokatsui.
          Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Never had one as the price always puts me off. Because of the price I personally see them as wallhangers. Not that they aren't excellent pistols. Just that it would kill me to see one damaged.
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I've owned 2 WA pistols. In my opinion, they're not worth the price. They'll run great for a while. But soon enough, the hop starts to wear down. It's not an adjustable hop either. The firing pin might break, the mags are hellish expencive. The foresight on most of their guns seems to want to fall off, so glue it down before you use it. The trigger mechs are... wierd. The piston is part of the loading nozzle, rather than built into the frame. No one makes spare loading nozzles for WA pistols. They're hard to find spares for in general. The floating valve design is old hat frankly, even KSC have ditched that now. To top it off, you should only really use it on 134a.

But even on 134a it kicks damn well. They're pretty good for gas efficiency. The FPS is great, it's easy to drop on aftermarket parts for them, and they cope with it well. There have been people who have full steel kits for their WA 2011s, and they still cycle reliably. TM struggle with ali slides dropped on.

I got the first one very cheap. Sold it, and regretted it. I got my current one new. It was very expencive, and if I wasn't so taken with the kick, and having a nice looking different pistol, I would have gone for a TM. TM make much more practical skirmish pistols in general.

And as said above. They release pistols in batches. You'll still be able to find some old SCW1 designs around. They're the cheapest you can probably get. The only ones left will be the ones no one else wanted. The newest batch that was released, had some very expencive pistols included. 3rd edition Hardballers, a couple of Tikis and their first baristo precision 2011 as well. You're looking at between $400 -500 for those. Far too much in my opinion. I spent $280 on a SCW3 2009 highspec, and that's more than it's logically worth.
              sigpic
              Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
              I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
              Working...
              X