Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How close is CQB? Cheaper than woodland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How close is CQB? Cheaper than woodland?

Just wondering about the engagement distances and is CQB cheaper than woodland?

'On paper' it seems cheaper due to the range.... In woodland you have to have a longer range gun so you spend money on hop up units and barrels and things like that. But it seems that in CQB you can use anything.

Just wondering what you think.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Re: How close is CQB? Cheaper than woodland?

You have a point. In woodland I rarely use my sidearms, shotguns or melee weapons, and in fact, I rarely use anything other than my primary gun at the time (previously my thompson, now my SPR or AK-47). On the other hand, in CQB games, I often run weapons I normally wouldn't due to the lack of range or accuracy, for instance, my spring pistols or my shotgun. A few weeks back at GZU I went out with just my katana, because I knew I would be getting closer to my opponents so I would get a chance to use it.

I wouldn't really factor in price. Most guns people would take to a skirmish are good enough to run out of the box for your standard woodland game, but then again, I suppose you wouldnt see that many fully upgraded sniper rifles in a CQB game.
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

yeah it can be cheaper,you can use springers or even party poppers filled with bbs
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

well my regular cqb site doesnt have engagment rules, you can pretty much shoot somone at any distance however not it the head or the nads. although the site does expect good sportsmanship eg dont fire upon some one who has no idea you there just shout "take it".

cheaper? im not to sure are it depend entirely on what you like the most. if you like woodland alot you want range so your gonna upgrade your gun to fit that bill. where as if you only ever play cqb or its your favourite, then you may want peq boxes, torches, high ROF etc.

so basically theres money to be spend it both although yes you can play cqb with a spring pistol as still get some kills

Comment

id say it can work out even, because you fire a lot more in cqb, so more money spent on bbs, also whilst you dont upgrade for range and accuracy, you wouldnt go wrong with a rof/trigger response upgrade, so mosfet, big capacitor circuit if you have space for one, high voltage battery although you can do with a much lower spring 250/60 is fine if the person is only a few meters away ...
          KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
          mix'n'match M4
          Maruzen P99

Comment

if your like me you'll need to remortgage your house to pay for the pyro you will burn through in CQB rather than upgrade weapons!!

cqb is a different (and more intense imo) beast but yeah fps and range tend to matter less

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
              or even party poppers filled with bbs
              Have you just come up with a new kind of weapon - that would be excellent :D
              Everyone is allowed a stupid day but you are abusing the privilege

Comment

aeviv..a katana srsly? i was just thinking the other day what would happen if i turned up with a trainging naginata or some other sword or spear based weapon but training obviously.

Comment

party poppers work without bbs if your site has a "anything that goes bang" rule

Comment

Originally posted by ohdearme View Post
                    aeviv..a katana srsly? i was just thinking the other day what would happen if i turned up with a trainging naginata or some other sword or spear based weapon but training obviously.
                    I'd laugh at you and shoot you... If you want to play with toy swords, go and larp in the park.

Comment

well a 7 ft spear out of nowhere and a tap on the shoulder doesnt give much time to shoot..unfortunatly i know nothing of stealth so would fail .

Comment

Now you are making it sound a bit erotic!

I'd say CQB was more expensive... More ammo, more pyro, guns favouring high ROF, more mags, moscarts, launchers, more kit, pouches, plate carriers, masks...

Woodland, you can be effective with a simple spring rifle and a small speed loader...

I only used 90 BBs on Sunday with my VSR thing...

Comment

CQB is alot different, well over here it is. If you have a roof over your head its single shot only. Unless you have a fully auto gas pistol or SMG (MP7, TMP etc.). Most people roll around inside with pistols and shotguns. Gets expensive with torches, tracer units, tracer rounds extra pistol mags. Plus upgrading the pistol's with tighter barrel's, winter valves in mags etc.
                          TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                          Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                          Maruzen APS Type 96
                          TM P226, Tac Master .
                          WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                          KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

Originally posted by ohdearme View Post
                            Every now and then I'll keep a Tanto holstered for knife kills. Not much beats poking a chunk of wood into someone's back and whispering 'you've been stab'd'

Comment

More expensive.

"having" to run a 6 shooter grenade launcher with 18 pb4 madbull co2 shells is pretty expensive.

Although, I only use that, and a pistol. If I really need to I have an SCAR but thats not as cool.
                              SAVE OUR SPORT
                              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Montesa77 I've got a book out if you want to read it. It's called 'Life In A Bin' Find out more about Montesa77
                              Working...
                              X