Custom Foam in a Silencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Foam in a Silencer

thought i'd make a thread about replacing the foam in a silencer to achieve greater stealthiness...??

Basically i brought an ICS QD silencer which was filled with a high density foam not allowing air to disperse properly (solid internal walls)
    The foam in my King Arms silencer was is about a dense as candy floss comparatively making it a lot quieter. so I figured I should have a go at changing the foam in the ICS to see what results I could get

here is the ICS foam

the solid walls don't allow any air to be trapped in the foam

this is the foam i used to replace it (it came from my holosight box) its roughly a 2/5 of the density

I just cut it into strips so it was easier to roll without folding/collapsing

Very pleased with the results, i've done it to two silencers with similar outcomes. the sound is more of a low thud and a lot quieter
    Just wondered if anyone else has done this before, if so what method and results did you get?

Re: Custom Foam in a Silencer

Yeah I use this

Or contact my local gun smith and get the material that they use in real steal silencers for very cheap prices

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
      Yeah I use this

Or contact my local gun smith and get the material that they use in real steal silencers for very cheap prices
      How cheap is cheap?
      Hate.
      "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Mr.Lemon,
        can we have a firing video of the silencer on and the silencer off to see if it makes a noticable difference?

Comment

i'll give it a go, probably post it tomorrow

Comment

Very cheap mate

Ie a beer after work

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MintyLemon Ryan Find out more about MintyLemon
            Working...