Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What can be done for people who don't obey the rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be done for people who don't obey the rules?

I am one that, along with numerous other players, have registered at a site, got membership (inc UKARA membership) and thereby the defence to the VCRA only to find that there are some people, as you would think, that are openly breaking the regulations put in place to protect our sport.

I mainly refer to those UNDER 18 who are openly buying/trading RIF's when in law they have no legal means to. Also those that are, obviously by selling/trading with those people, breaking the law by selling/trading RIF's.

I thought that I had gone through all the process in order to protect our sport, but obviously there are some that couldn't give two hoots about the sport and continue to break the law.

Yes I am angry, but if someone was able to explain to me why they get away with it I would be infinitely grateful.

Thanks

Re: What can be done for people who don't obey the rules?

What can be done The only way is to report them I guess.

Unfortunately it's forums like these that allow it to happen.

Comment

At the end of the day, they can always try to buy underage . Its the responsibility of the seller in my opinnion to check everything.

Comment

But with 3 or less clicks of a mouse you can find the information out! It's not hard to even check with the basics.............

Comment

Originally posted by BillyWu View Post
          Unfortunately it's forums like these that allow it to happen.
          If people carry on blaming the forum, I can forsee them clamping down on selling. like banning it or making you pay by Creditcard to access the section

As it has been said it is down to the seller to check that the buyer is, over 18 and UKARA registerd or other form of the defence.

Zero One offers a Free UKARA Check and know a Escrow service ( for a fee ) which provides checking and security.

Unforchanatly it is not even a case of a seller being conned or lied to, it is just that they need the cash or want the Item gone......

I will take this up with the higher powers... for the more blatent sales but unless seller take more responsability then I am not sure what else can be done ?

Comment

I hate to say it but I think the only way to do it is to make people submit their UKARA number (subsequently checked on the database) before they gain access to RIF Sales?

People will, and have been, blatantly abusing the facility of this forum in order to essentially circumvent the regulations put in place to allegedly prevent minors and those not entitled to the defence from getting their hands on RIF's.

It's the actions of the few who will, given time, cause the downfall of a sport that many people enjoy.

Comment

I fully support Phil's suggestion to submit UKARA numbers to access the For Sale section. That's a brilliant idea.

Comment

Simple but effective

Comment

Only Problem with that is which has been mentioned time and again, is UKARA is not the only Defence if it was it would be an easy fix.... and even that would be an issue, you would have to make sales section Password protected, send you UKARA number to get a password.... use password to enter sales, cool but wouldn't stop someone getting a friend to give them the password.

Comment

I say a UKARA only access sales forum, PM your defence to an admin, who enables your access.

Some people won't have UKARA, and will miss out. But if 5 legit skirmishers can't access the sales forums, which stops 1 unregistered skirmisher. I'd say that was worth it.

Protect the sport for the greater good.

Comment

What about having two sale sections

one for RIFS - locked with UKARA people only and when i say people with UAKRA numbers i mean it has to be theirs. not there dads etc

one for Two tone and accessories - everyone else

Comment

You would only have to create a user group to allow access, just like you can for moderators etc.

I appreciate that UKARA is not the only way of proving the defence but something has to be done to protect the sport

Comment

Originally posted by MiniSnipa View Post
                          What about having two sale sections

one for RIFS - locked with UKARA people only and when i say people with UAKRA numbers i mean it has to be theirs. not there dads etc

one for Two tone and accessories - everyone else
                          That still won't stop under 18's from buying/trading RIF's and Two Tones, which is contrary to the VCRA Regulations.

Comment

But isnt this same for under 18's who have dads ukara number to buying RIFS

Comment

No. That is illegal also.

For someone to buy something then they and they alone have to be covered by the defence not someone handing their Son/Daughter/Mate or other person their card to make a purchase. Otherwise, what's the point!?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Phil_Anthropist Find out more about Phil_Anthropist
                              Working...
                              X