Which Red?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Red?

Does anyone know what red is the best to use when re painting the fire selector symbols on an mp5, i would like to know so when i get to hobby craft rather than me buying many different varients of red i know which one to purchase.

I have found this so far which looks fairly close but ant really tell until i actually buy it. So just wondering has anyone had to do this before if so which could of red made by which company have they used.

http://www.humbrol.com/paints/all-pa...9&resultspage=

Toby

A colour brand you might want to try is games workshops paint the 2 reds that might be close is scab red or red gore.
    Red gore is the lighter of the 2 they should work nicely

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

Re: Which Red?

I'd choose red personally

Comment

its how the GW name there paint shades thats all

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

go for fire red you can get it at any model shop
          made by humbrol i think

Comment

Citadel/Games Workshop Red Gore mixed with a tiny bit of Blood Red/Blazing Orange to brighten it slightly

Comment

What you have to bear in mind is that all the citadel/Games workshop paints as well as Vallejo and suchlike are all acrylic. They are water based and wont last five minutes on your airsoft gun.

Stick with Humbrol or Revell paints, they are hard wearing, and will certainly withstand the abuse of airsofting as they are enamel.

Use Humbrol 153 Matt Insignia red or 19 Gloss Bright Red. If you want the equivalent numbers for the other brands give me a pm as I have the full colour charts for most of them.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tintin102 Find out more about tintin102
              Working...
              X