Guarder Ak kits.. worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guarder Ak kits.. worth it?

I've recently stumbled across these, and on a certain Uk retailer they are up for several hundreds of pounds. I'm looking specifically at the RPK kit, as my RPK is falling apart. So are they worth the ridiculous prices?
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: Guarder Ak kits.. worth it?

the guarder metal bodies are awesome, and over priced.

if your after a new metal body, go for the 47 metal body by G&P, highly recommend it.

is your wood kit on the exsisting rpk really needing replacing?

Boris
    K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

OK... I was also looking at the G&P, so I'm glad you reccomend them. It's just annoying because they don't seem to do an RPK kit, so I'd have to find the wood parts separately.

Basically what happened to it, is first of all one of the plates that slides over the bottom of the stock to align the screws snapped off of the body, and the body also developed a big crack. The screw holes in the stock are now just chewing up the wood, and no longer getting any grip.

Then, at the front, the cleaning rod refuses to stay inside its little notch (I've tried all sorts of adhesive methods!) and so the bipod just swings around freely, which is very annoying. So I'd kinda like to just get a whole externals set just to re-do it all. Never gonna change your internals though! Thing's a beast on the skirmish field!

And also, if I change the body for a good quality G&P, and change the stock for another one, I will kinda want to change the rest just so it all matches (even though it's a battered old AK..)

So I will need to find..

The receiver, front end bit, top cover, which I have all seen by G&P. But do they do a outer barrel and bipod? And then I'll need the wood.
      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

There are a few used Inokatsu kits floating about, if yo can find one of those, they are well worth investing in... Just as an alternative.

Comment

Yeah I do want one of them, but I just dismissed it, thinking they'd be stupidly hard to get hold of..

Comment

again over priced, and the wood kits are too nice believe it or not for an AEG, the wood is like a fine oak table.

waltzinblack it sounds like its in a bad way.

the G&P 47 bodies are great, the stock block is built into the metal body also, it won't come loose...

maybe get a jg SVD and use it for donnor parts, ie a new barrell and mount for bi-pod.

wood kit wise look to hongkong, or try something different, maybe get a side folding stock, rewire it for stick batt and turn it into a russian para rpk.

or invest in a new RPK, i have the SCR gen 3, its awesome.

boris
            K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Well i actually found some wood kits on a site that brings action into our hobby. They seem to have all the different wood kits you could need, although I'm not that sure of the quality...

Possibly that + the G&P kits, then like you say find a donor model or bodge the cleaning rod to fix the front. And I would buy a whole new RPK, but this one performs so so well, and I don't really want to have to buy one just to gut it out and swap internals.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
              Working...
              X