The Orchard at X-site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Orchard at X-site

As we have not been to X-site for a while I thought I would check the next games dates and they now seem to have a new site called The Orchard. Has anyone been to this yet and how is it different to the normal site?
    Everyone is allowed a stupid day but you are abusing the privilege

Re: The Orchard at X-site

From what I have heard, it is a brand new sister-site to be ran alongside the old one. It's just down the road from me, so I will most likely become a regular there, but going to check it out on their 2nd game (22nd Aug). They told me that a website with info is being built. Also the site itself is dense greenery with the only thing giving away the fact that it is an orchard being the rows of trees, so could well be interesting.

Meanwhile... GASS Piddington has re-openned, so I will be checking them out some time soon.

Comment

I went to an evening game on Tuesday, and I got talking to the joint owner of it, absolutely cracking chap. Anyway apparently it is 15 acres, has really dense undergrowth, no really, seriously dense! They are thinking vietnam style games due to the way in which the site apparently lends itself to ambushes and such :D. He was also saying that he feels that Xsite's quality has suffered somewhat due to the number of rentals, and to be honest unfortunately I agree (It is still an absolutely top notch site though! And most of the rentals are great guys), as such he is only going to provide around 10 rentals to minimise this. Apparently they have built a big UN base, and are trying to get hold of or waiting on a delivery of a downed helicopter for rescue the pilot games. Sounds like a right blast to me, will definitely be giving it a go when I get back from holiday!
      My Trader Feedback (iTrader)

Comment

All I've heard is that it's going to be quite a bit different to the normal site, much more vegatation and that they are going to be building quite a lot
        BB
        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Originally posted by DaleStorm View Post
          He was also saying that he feels that Xsite's quality has suffered somewhat due to the number of rentals, and to be honest unfortunately I agree (It is still an absolutely top notch site though! And most of the rentals are great guys)
          Completely agree with all of that. Although rentals and young players are fine, sometimes there are LOADS at Xsite (even on non-young gun days), and it can affect the quality of the gameplay somewhat. Which at times is a shame because Xsite is an excellent site, with great marshalls and facilities. I think I speak for all of Treadstone when I say that this new site is a very exciting prospect, and hopefully it'll lend itself to much more tactical, sneaky, proper airsoft games! We will definitely be down to check it out!
          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
            Completely agree with all of that. Although rentals and young players are fine, sometimes there are LOADS at Xsite (even on non-young gun days), and it can affect the quality of the gameplay somewhat. Which at times is a shame because Xsite is an excellent site, with great marshalls and facilities. I think I speak for all of Treadstone when I say that this new site is a very exciting prospect, and hopefully it'll lend itself to much more tactical, sneaky, proper airsoft games! We will definitely be down to check it out!
            Too true. The marshalls and staff at Xsite are great guys, really helpful and easy to get talking to. But the rentals can sometimes be a real pain. I know it is usually only a small group, but a small group of terminators is a big problem in an airsoft game! In the police station for example, I can recall hearing 'Dude, did they just hit you?' 'Yeah, I've been hit a few times but I can't be assed to go out'. Real sportsmanlike. Go and play paintball were everyone can see you've been hit, or grow a pair and take your hits.
            /Mini rant over. The guys at Xsite try to cut this down whenever they can, and they do a good job but they are only human, they can't be everywhere at once!

Hopefully this new site will be a 'haven' as such, apparently there are areas of properly long grass, tall enough to hide in :D I really hope so, that would take the game to a whole new dimension, snipers that can't be seen, ambushes at every turn. (And sh***ing your pants when you see keepers barrett flashider sticking out of a bush :p) Sounds like a top site, worth getting in there quickly, try to help it grow and get some top notch 'softing done whilst doing so :D.

Comment

Hopefully the orchard will be like xsites nightgames, much quieter with almost all walk ons and every single person takes thier hits it makes it so so much more enjoyable
              BB
              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
                Hear Hear. Xsite have site facilities and games and everything like that nailed. What they are sometimes let down on are the players, because it is a small site with alot of commercial activity, so as Waltzin says, alot of people who turn up then disappear again. The regulars are all brilliant, but Ive seen some notorious cheating by fresh faces there. That said, most cheating has been weeded out by after lunch, as the marshalls stomp it pretty quick
                G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeviv View Post
                  Hear Hear. Xsite have site facilities and games and everything like that nailed. What they are sometimes let down on are the players, because it is a small site with alot of commercial activity, so as Waltzin says, alot of people who turn up then disappear again. The regulars are all brilliant, but Ive seen some notorious cheating by fresh faces there. That said, most cheating has been weeded out by after lunch, as the marshalls stomp it pretty quick
                  Totally agree Aeviv, I have always maintained that it is in no way the fault of Xsite, they do their damndest and it shows, an absolutely cracking site! Luckily cheating is a rare occasion and not a major problem, and as you, I and waltzinblack have said, their marshalls and staff are great guys, and great at what they do. Unfortunately on the off occasion all of their hard work is let down by people who decide that hits only apply to them when it suits them. Unfortunately these often seem to be the people who kill about half the enemy team :p. Not having a dig at Xsite, and if it sounded like that then it sounded wrong, I have the utmost respect for those guys, especially Tim, and I for one owe them for making my first couple of years 'softing brilliant ones.

I also think that I may have contributed to the derailing of the thread a little, apologies for that :p.

Back on topic I think it'd be awesome if they ran a milsim at this site, the guy who is running it says that they will be running one, and that could be one hell of a game, I love full day games, and I may like evening ones even more, so if they would run a 12hour or maybe even bigger milsim, that'd be the epitamy of awesome :D.

Comment

I am going down there on saturday for a "browse". That usually means I spend lots of money. I shall have a chat to Liam about it and see if I can get a bit more in depth info. I'll see if he will let me take a few pics to upload here.
                    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

That would be awesome cakes jfox. I'd love to actually see the site :D, if it's good enough may become my regular site.

Comment

Awesome little site and well worth playing, specially to be one of the original players to get to play while it is new

I was lucky enough to be one of the test pilots for a closed door game to see how the site would play...

It was simply one of the best airsofting days out I had in a while. First game tomorrow. Get there if you can guys

Comment

can anyone update me on how the new site is turning out. been at home for the summer but back at uni now so want to give the new site a whirl.
                          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

It's up an running now but still not had a chance to play. They are still adding some tweaks to it though, but from all accounts it is a nice little site with plenty to do.
                            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mrsjfox61 Wannabe Lara Croft Find out more about mrsjfox61
                            Working...
                            X