Sling installment Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sling installment Part 2

right guys thank you for your help with the installing of the sling i have now done so but it doesn't seem to sit right on me and dunno whether i installed it on the gun right or whether I'm wearing it wrong but i can not see it going any other way here is how it looks.

the 2nd picture of it on my back when its pointing up is because i was pulling on the sling but as i move it slackens and droops back again ( not tactical )
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 7 August, 2010, 19:08. Reason: text
    One shot, One kill, NO EXCEPTIONS !!!

Re: Sling installment Part 2

Dunno how its supposed to look but last pic looks good

Comment

OK, looking at the photos I don't see any blatantly incorrect methods. The sling seems to have been attached correctly to the rifle, you probably need to adjust it so that is sits closer to you, not drooping down.
      Tighten up the sling to the point that it is both comfortable to shoulder without snagging and long enoughshoulder comfortably without needing to adjust the stock.

Other than that, how you wear it depends on your handedness, but assuming you're right-handed, you seem to be wearing it right, slung over your left-hand side (though it won't do you any good slung across your back, tactical carry has to be done wearing the rifle on the front).
      If you're willing to look for more info on how to wear/use a 3-point sling, look up the "Spectre/Specter 3-point sling" on Youtube, it's a very handy video of different uses and ways to wear the sling. It's not a Viper one, but the concepts are the same, as the two slings are similar.

Comment

well watching that video it seems to be a lot different as he seems to have a thing that tightens and gets him to switch to weak and strong transitions and mine doesn't and i can not seem to tighten it so its sits steady and not swinging around. could do with been shown by some one at an event probably but don't want to waste peoples time when there trying get ready etc plus want to be ready to go when i get there etc
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 7 August, 2010, 19:10.
        One shot, One kill, NO EXCEPTIONS !!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wrighty Find out more about Wrighty
        Working...
        X