Aluminium pistons and metal teeth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aluminium pistons and metal teeth.

even the ali ones have caved in where the steel rack slides in. The problem is its difficult filtering out geniuine product issues from a problem with the setup.

Its why for the most part when someone says somethings no good on the forums you still have to give it ago my self.

Some get really passionate about it even using capitals.. Do not use for example a metal piston head. Then they spend every forum post warning people about it. Truth is every setups different and just because it doesnt work for some one, doesnt mean it wont work for some one else.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
      Some get really passionate about it even using capitals.. Do not use for example a metal piston head. Then they spend every forum post warning people about it. Truth is every setups different and just because it doesnt work for some one, doesnt mean it wont work for some one else.
      Exactly. With some just listening to those people, who then also spend all their time telling others not to use them.

Just rechecked my thread for capitals.....phew I'm ok...lol
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

apart from the nine ball aep piston its rubbish! DONT BUY IT!!!

Hehe

Comment

So, after reading the above, the point of having a metal piston, would be more for a higher power set up, where there is more stress on the actual piston itself rather than just the grinding between the teeth and the gears. Thus you want a stronger material than plastic so that your piston doesn't keep breaking. Is that right?
          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I would always use a plastic piston they're £10 to replace, and if you've got an ics or any other split gearbox they're really fast to switch in and out and even for a standard gearbox it onoly takes 15 mins maximum.
            "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
            Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
              So, after reading the above, the point of having a metal piston, would be more for a higher power set up, where there is more stress on the actual piston itself rather than just the grinding between the teeth and the gears. Thus you want a stronger material than plastic so that your piston doesn't keep breaking. Is that right?
              Yeah i think the points always to examine the tyre of wear when a piston fails. The steel rack will give you more durability, but you should always try the lighter plastic options first, they really are good even in high rof setups. Theres some pretty durable plastic options out there.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
              Working...
              X