This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 Discussion

I've tried searching for "M14" on the forum and got no hits returned, so I'm starting my own thread.

I've been playing at The Fort and I'm near to getting UKARA registered and as much as shooting hired AK's and G36's was fun, I'm more into the semi-auto marksman way of shooting and I'm wanting a semi-sniper rifle with better accuracy and distance than say an M4, hence my interest in M14's.

Based on Airsoft International's recent review of the CA M14, being a clone of the G&G version, with the bad trigger pull, I'm only really considering the TM or AGM versions. I think the EBR versions are fugly, so they're not getting a look in and the SOCOM's are not as nice IMO and I think the scope/aimpoint being further down the barrel doesn't feel or look right for what I want.

So, does anybody own or have experience of either the full size TM M14 or AGM M14? What's your thoughts on these please in terms of build quality, longevity, range, power, accuracy, problems etc?

I can buy a TM version for £230, but I'll then have to fork out for a scope rail (£25-40) and probably a stronger spring (£25 extra I believe with M100 fitted)

Whereas I can buy the AGM one from a well known Scottish supplier for £150 with scope rail, scope (probably cheap rubbish) and bi-pod (possibly also tighter 6.03mm barrel?) included in the price with around 350fps straight out of the box.

Which would you choose and why?

What upgrades do you suggest for the M14. Tightbore barrel, scope etc?

I don't wish to spend a frigging fortune on my first AEG but I don't want to buy cheap rubbish that breaks either, hence my leaning towards the TM, even though the AGM is a clone of it.

Thanks for your time and advice.

Ryan
    sigpic

Re: M14 Discussion

TM all the way its a freaking tank and you can have more satisfaction when you upgrade it and make it your baby

Comment

I have borrowed my mates TM m14 socom before, totally bog standard and the range and accuracy (considering the barrel) was amazing. Planning to get myself a socom very soon and get one of the King arms m14 silencer kits, 6.03, bipod and scope of some sort

Might cost a bit but will make an awesome gun even better!!

My feed back
      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Tm here to, have had 8 now. Currently have two although one is going up for sale. The one im keeping is fitted with the following:
        Laylax real wood stock
        Metal heatshield
        KM Steel Hop Up Screw
        Guarder Cut-Off Lever
        Prometheus EG Spring Guide
        Prometheus Sealing Nozzle
        Prometheus POM Piston Head
        Prometheus Hard Reversal Stop Latch
        Guarder Tappet Plate
        Prometheus M14 V7 high speed gears
        Prometheus M14 V7 Hard Piston
        Prometheus Cylinder
        Prometheus Cylinderhead
        Madbull hop buckling
        Tm scope mount
        Prometheus 6.03mm 500mm tighbore
        G&P 9.6v 3300mah Nimh battery

You could always get the socom and fit a standard heatshield
        Wanted:
        RS SVD
        MP5K PDW STOCK
        AK PBS SILENCER

Comment

Been playing with my mates TM M14 and the range and accuracy are the best out of all th AEGs our team use and we have AUGs highly upgraded M4s and G36s. Hes got the olive stock on it and if you're into hi cap magazines they have quite a high capacity.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, i'm very much considering getting one. TM looks the best, but still not sure between the socom and normal. If the normal one is not that much heavier, or the socom one can only mount scopes towards the front then its definately normal for me! Can anyone shed some light on this?
            Current Armoury
            TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

You can still stick a scope mount on the back of the socom and stick and nomal heatshiled on itor leave the front mount aswel
              Wanted:
              RS SVD
              MP5K PDW STOCK
              AK PBS SILENCER

Comment

Like everyone here says, the TM version is a beast. but if you cant afford the TM version and go for a chinese copy, go for CYMA. "apparently" its on par with TM and im some areas better. now, i dont own either so im just goin with what reviews say.

Comment

Tm m14 is the best a tight bore barrel is pretty much all your gonna need, the hop is one of the best on the market!!

Comment

standard tm m14 + tight bore = golden dogs danglies
                    Originally posted by Coz
                    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

To be honest save for the TM, the AGM isn't bad but isn't great either, the TM can still gets some good hits in stock form but is also very power accurate and with good range due to TM's hop system.

'FireKnife'
                      68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Have you considered a CYMA M14? They are direct clones of the Tokyo Marui ones and all the upgrade parts are the same. Mine is upgraded and it cost about £200 from what I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by 7.62mm View Post
                          Have you considered a CYMA M14? They are direct clones of the Tokyo Marui ones and all the upgrade parts are the same. Mine is upgraded and it cost about £200 from what I remember.
                          I have a TM M14 SOCOM with tight barrel and it's excellent. You can buy an aftermarket TM scope mount, but I don't like it. It sits the scope very high (you can see through the iron sights UNDER the mount).

From what I've seen the CYMA has a scope mount fitted as standard (above the receiver) which is much lower (the iron sights are visible OVER the mount).

I've been trying to source this part to be honest, but very expensive from HK at the moment.

Comment

i find the socom is much easier to wield and dosent lose much in accuracy or range

Comment

i sold my old m14 because it was too long. been hankering after a socom ever since.
                              i would go for a socom unless you dont mind the length.

mac

ps - tm over cyma - cyma over agm.
                              Originally posted by Coz
                              Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Private Ryan Find out more about Private Ryan
                              Working...
                              X