X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Desert Eagle

Hey guys
    glad the forums up again..
    i just wondered if you could give me some advice on the gas blowback Desert Eagle.
    i think it looks very nice but although i have been airsofting for nearly 2 years, i have no idea how the gas works. eg. gas doesnt work in winter???
    confuses me big time.
    also if anybody knows of any decent spring pistols please tell

Thanks

Re: TM Desert Eagle

you could look into getting a aep pistol, they work as well in winter as they do summer.
    You miss every shot you don't take.

Comment

talk to billywu. he knows all you need to about his deagle!

Comment

ah i will do
        i dont really fancy a electric pistol, more batteries to charge etc.
        it got to be a gas or maybe a spring if i find the right one.

Comment

The old springer id seriously recommend is the KWC M1911, i have two stuffed in my vest, all the other springer pistols have been, well, crap.

As for the deagle, they are lovely guns. Nice and chunky, and have a nice clack to them when they fire. Problem is, due to the size, they are total gas guzzlers, youd be lucky to get a mag out, or so i found, especially in the cold weather. Another problem is that you may have trouble finding a holster, once again just due to the size
          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I myself have the DE, it is quite cumbersome but it really is a beautiful gun. Its more of a show piece than a skirmish gun. Even with a proper holster, I bought a real DE holster from http://www.magnumresearch.com/ and it just pulls your trowsers down. In my experience it seems to use gas efficiently, and the performance hasnt seemed to descrease in the winter too much, but it really is a backgarden shooter which you should show off rather than skirmish.

Comment

I have had a tm hard kick desert eagle for about 2 years .i mostly play cqb games in scotland so know cold and have had no real problems with the cold as only use it for capping people in the back of the head,being plastic they seem to hold up better than the metal gas guns . i can usually get a full mag plus a reload out of a charge of gas about 50rnds from memory .a viper adjustable holster will fit the mass of desert eagle but it is a big heavy gun and a drop leg holster may not be a good place to put it as it will jump around a bit when you run ,in short a very good gun
              //We G36e// We G36c // We SA80 //We mp5 a5 //We m4 // G&G G36c // marui desert eagle // kwa usp.45 // well vsr11 // TM UZI // JG G3 // cyma 870 long

Comment

cheers for all the advice.
                having never used a pistol skirmishing before, do they get used often?
                i have a SRC M4 and am planning on getting a DE shotgun to go on my 3 point sling.
                the shotgun with 4 extra shells only costs 50
                i think this would be a more wise investment as it could be my primary if i ran out of battery..

Comment

Having a pistol is more of a fashion statement if im honest. I only use mine if im hiding in a bush somewhere....

But apart from that its usually in my vest all day.

Comment

thats what i was thinking..
                    if i had my M4 which i LOVE, and got a DE shotgun for 40 quid but a tenners worth of shells it would be more practical.
                    i dont suppose anyone has used or owns one. its a DE M56.
                    also quite some time ago i saw one on these forums that had been sprayed with verticle black and green stripes which i thought looked SOOO nice. if anyone has the pic or is the person that owns it could they contact me please.
                    oh and thanks for all the help, love all you guys
                    cheers =D

Comment

My desert eagle sees use with all guns I take. TM M4 SOPMOD, TM PSG-1 and TM P90. I take it every time I'm out and I use a shoulder holster for mine.

Now my TM desert eagle isn't stock. It's heavily upgraded (full metal, performance upgrades, other upgrades). When it WAS stock though, it was bloody fantastic.

The only problem I believe you'll find with the gun is that the slide stop catch on the slide will wear away very quickly. It WILL happen and you'll have to file it back square or custom fit a metal plate like I did on my old one to stop it wearing away.

If you've got any more questions, PM me I know basically everything there is to know about these guns because of the amount I've had and the crazy upgrades I've installed on my own

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

connorb662 Find out more about connorb662
                      Working...
                      X