Heavy wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy wiring

Sorry if its a silly question but is 16 gauge heavy wiring a good 'upgrade' for a gun, and what will it do? Will it improve reliability? If so, anything else?
    And what is the best 'gauge'

Re: Heavy wiring

It will improve rate or fire.

The best guage Ive found is 18awg, as 16awg (thicker) can sometimes be an arse to fit depending on what gearbox version you are using.
    Originally posted by richardy
    Its like preying to the mechbox gods, but preying to the angel of alignment, give us speedy and safe entry into the 1st tooth of life.
    Amen.
    Originally posted by midas
    lol....Oh forgive me gun tech for I have sinned....

Comment

V2 (tm mp5)

Comment

I'd use 18 AWG too. I find 16 to be a real squeeze in a v2 gearbox and can be a pain if your front wired. The only gun I've got 16 AWG in is an M14 which has more room and less wire, and the only reason then was for a 14.8v lipo.

Comment

Its rear wired, ok 18 is cool. How much is it and how come 18 is thinner than 16? o.O

Comment

1/18th is smaller than 1/16th
            sigpic

Comment

Ok, thanks :P
              I thought the higher the gauge the thicker it was. [naive presumption]

Comment

I got about 5m silicone wire for £3. AWG stands for American Wire Gauge the higher the number the thinner the wire. I know that if you were planning to connect your battrery 100 feet away you'd need to use 12 AWG lol.

Comment

How many gauges is that silicone wire and how much do you need for 1x gun?

Comment

1 metre of it is sufficient for a few guns. Most places sell it in a minimum size of 1m

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ominous Slayer My name's Lee. My username used to be LeeBristolAirsoft. Find out more about Ominous Slayer
                    Working...
                    X