• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G&P SPR/A, bought new, wrong motor?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
      Yup, Mark's a top notch guy. that's why he had a 20 page thread on ASCUK dedicated to his shoddy business practises/borderline criminality. The only time anyone ever seemed to get their item or the work they paid him for was by threatening him with legal action or going to see him personally. I'm impressed how cavalier you are about him not upgrading your gun but each to his own...
      all I'm saying is that in person he is a very friendly chap, I have bought lots of stuff off him in person and he is as nice if not more nice than the guys at your average site, as I have never bought anything off him online/over the phone I couldn't comment from experience however I get the impression that he is very, very, very bad :eek:
      In case you didn't read what I said in my second comment I did comment on the fact that actually using your email and actually posting stuff out :D is all part of running a successful business
      BB
      Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Has anyone asked G&P about this yet?
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

I sent an email to them 2 days ago but not heard anything back from them.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I received this from G&P today.

Dear John Fox,

Yes, few years ago when we still haven't produce our M120 motor, we did use Marui EG700 motor for our airsoft guns.

Best Regards,
            G&P Webmaster

---------- Original Message -----------
            To: GPWEB <[email protected]>
            Sent: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 23:26:07 +0800
            Subject: GPWEB online request!

> *Company Name:John Fox
            > *Contact Person:
            > *Title:
            > *Telephone No.:
            > Fax No.:
            > *Email Address:[email protected]
            > Website:
            > Company Address:
            > Mailing Address:
            > Country:
            > Notes: hello.
            >
            > Can you help me. I recently purchased a G&P SPR/A from my local retailer in the UK. Its fps were too high for my site so decided to put in a lower power spring. On opening it I found the motor was aTokyo marui EG700 and not a G&P M120. They told me that G&P often us TM mtors in their guns. Can you confirm this is the case please.
            >
            > John
            >
            > --
            > This message has been scanned for viruses and
            > dangerous content by Media World MailScanner, and is
            > believed to be clean.
            ------- End of Original Message -------

So it looks like they did do it a few years back but that was before they made their own motors. Could this be an old stock models stuck in the warehouse and brought out into the light of day?
            Feedback link

Comment

Re: G&amp;P SPR/A, bought new, wrong motor?

I wouldn't like to think so matey....

The 400fps would seem to confirm that too thinking about it, if it is a few years old, I'm sure there wouldn't be anything coming out of HK less than 350 anyway!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

well anyway, whatever the reasons behind it it does seem they used to do it, but by the reply I received they no longer do it.

I wonder then, if that's the case that someone, knowing this happened in the past has switched motors deliberately. There has to be some sort of reason and someone behind it. But who, and from which continent?

I also wonder how this would stand in a court of law under the trade descriptions act, and how proof of liability could be obtained.
                Feedback link

Comment

just goes to show you how old stock is that you buy off the shelf...

half the reason why you cant get a new model ptws from the wholesellers they are still trying to shift 07/08 models..

I think its safe to assume that what your buying is pretty old..

unless its been recently released.. /me strokes my sopmod...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
                  Working...
                  X