Smallest size spring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallest size spring.

Whats the smallest size spring you can get? With a 1J spring is that ~328 fps?

Thanks

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Re: Smallest size spring.

Depends on a lot of factors, mainly the make of the spring and the airseal of your weapon!

M100 should give around 330fps. However with a good seal and a "hotter" manufacturer you could find yourself over 350!

Comment

M80? I am sure they must make a smaller one.

Comment

Stock TM springs come out at 280fps...

Comment

Smallest "rated" spring I seen is the Guarder SP85.

There again Guarder come out hot, so my SP85 is giving around 310 - 320!

Comment

Can you tell the rating of the spring by lenght/width? (I'v got a pair of digital calipers so fine tollerances can be measured with ease)

A brain?

Comment

Nope not really.

The power is in the tightness of the coils, most springs are more or less the same uncompressed length. You can't measure the coils easily as they are not the same spacing the whole length.

Comment

lol the spring out of my 20 quid springer, or do we mean full AEG length? In which case an m80 or 90 is the lowest i've personally seen.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Shame Z1 don't stock tiny springs. M90 is the lowest on the site...

A brain?

Comment

Seems to vary, I pulled the stock M100 of out my M4 and the replacement M100 was a good 2 inches longer, and a M110 lying around was an inch shorter again. Length has pretty much nothing to do with power

Comment

you can measure the thickness of the springs wire with calipers.. traditionally the easiest way to increase spring strength is to increase the wire diameter.. a jump from 1.2 to 1,3mm will increase it a lot.. Theres only so much you can do within the confines of the gearbox before you have to make an increase in wire size.

length of the spring uncompressed doesnt really matter.. its the total number of coils multipled by the wire thickness which is the total compressed length.

this is why some springs can cuase lock ups in certain combos, as the total compressed length might be to long to allow the piston to go all the way back on that particular bearing spring guide. A bearing spring guide can be 5 + mm longer than a standard spring guide thats up to 4 coils less room now.. its not uncommon to see a slight power increase from fitting bearing spring guides of bearing piston heads.

increaseing the widith (diameter) of the spring can reduce power.. and vice versa

The longer the gaps between the coils the stronger it is, this is called free length, called so becuase its not the acutal length.

.. i digress, why do you need a spring sub m90 ?

Comment

Super airseals and a TB.

A brain?

Comment

An M90 should only produce about 290-300 fps.

Comment

yup id just fit the m90 even with great airseals youll only get 330. If it still is over cain some rounds, leave it stored for a week, cain some more rounds and it will be less, after the o rings shrink, and the spring settles.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Montesa77 I've got a book out if you want to read it. It's called 'Life In A Bin' Find out more about Montesa77
                            Working...
                            X