X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• order from HK

do you need a ukara number to get a rif into the uk through customs

Re: order from HK

Yes, or the details of the site you are registered at.

Comment

ok thanks as my mate just ordered one and was dispatched fro HK 2 days ago and i said that customs have got it because you havent got ukrara

Comment

Customs may not have it at all yet. He will receive notification as and when it comes in the country with a request to provide defence.

He doesn't need UKARA at all. What he does need, is the ability to prove a defence for purchasing a RIF. So, if he can get a letter of confirmation as a regular player from a site he frequents then that will be fine.

If he cant prove defence, well that's an expensive lesson learned. Don't try to buy a RIF if you are not legally entitled to.
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I had a PM from someone a while ago asking if this could be done, the fact they were 15 didnt help either, my response I think was a little kurtz.
          My response= NO!!!!!
          He then asked why I was being a little shirty to which I explained the above and he said I can prove my defence, my reply? Good for you, however customs wont let you have it because you are not old enough.
          Im starting to think a sticky on importing RIFs with regards to rules and regulations could be handy, as some seem to think its a way round it all.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

If he is Under 18 then he can't provide defence. As you rightly say he isn't old enought to purchase a Rif. the defence would have to come from his parents in this case. Then they could gift him it. Here we go again, another flipping UKARA discussion.
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by wedge75 View Post
              do you need a ukara number to get a rif into the uk through customs
              If it gets stopped then, Yes you will require one of the excepted defences.

Comment

sorry to bumpsuch aold thread just wanted to tell you guys the outcome
                it got seezeed by customs

Comment

Seized as in stopped while they check details or seized as in he didnt provide info and its going to be destroyed?

Comment

Originally posted by FortunateSon View Post
                    Seized as in stopped while they check details or seized as in he didnt provide info and its going to be destroyed?
                    I'm gonna go with the latter

Comment

Just to clear this up. Has anybody on this thread imported a rif from hong kong? Will theu accept UKARA number as defence for purchase, importing, ownership?
                      "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

i have imported several from HK and never been asked by HMRC to provided details

Comment

Yes. And yes they do accept a UKARA number. But it's highly advisable to give them your site contact details too. Can speed things up alot

Comment

As long as you can prove your a genuine skirmisher there should be no problems.
                            Ukara number or the details of the site your registered at should suffice
                            Originally posted by massey666
                            I wouldnt worry mate, a quick shot in the garden wont make a whole SAS team jump out the bushes and fill you full of lead :P

Comment

can they check UKARA?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wedge75 airsofting 12 months june 9th 2010 Find out more about wedge75
                              Working...
                              X