TOP M249, any good?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOP M249, any good?!

oh dear, doesnt sound like a very good gun! better just upgrade my A&K m249 instead

Comment

Spend the money on all CA internals, that way you'll have yourself a nice gun. That's assuming that CA internals will come to less than a TOP M249
      TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
      Tokyo Marui P90
      HFC M9 Special Forces
      KSC Glock 18c

Comment

i think they do cuz iv heard somewhere u cud spend about £100 upgrading the A&K and it'll be just as gud as a CA

Comment

DO NOT BUY THE TOP!!!! Iv just spent about 6 months battling with a TOP M60 and I can tell you that the M249 uses the same ridiculous bellows, and hop/nozel set up!

The only salvation is the PGC(SP) internal set that you can sometime find here and there (basicaly a GB for the gun) however, it can cost up to a grand to do the whole setup, back wen this was the only option some people did it, now days just by a CA motor and CA gears for your A&K one, and then upgrade the rest as and when it breaks!

Comment

surely the answer is ca m249?

Trader Rating

Comment

If you don't have a phobia of screws and alen keys, then actually, the TOP guns ARN'T that bad.
              Fine, the bellows need to be replaced reasonably regularly, but they are designed from the off to be a wearing part, you wouldn't call a car crap because you needed to replace the break pads every now and again.
              Admittedly, there is an additional cost with this, but if you look at in the grand scheme of things, it adds about 1/3 onto the cost of every bb fired. Which actualy isn't that much.
              Also, the TOP guns (the 60 at least as that is all I can comment on) comes stock with metal gears, a very simple and easy to adjust hop system, (can be adjusted whilst fireing and watch the column ofbb's move up and down :-)) and is a very solid replica.
              The other benifit of the bellows system is that the rubber slapping against itself gives a very loud and distinct sound (as there are very few around). And surly for a support weapon a loud and different sound is exactly what's wanted, to get peoples heads down!
              It is an older, harder to strip design, but probably still a lot easier than the real steal :D, and actualy, once you've done it a couple of times, it really isn't that hard.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Support Gunner Gilome Find out more about Support Gunner Gilome
              Working...
              X