Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Lithium Polymer Batterys (Li-Po / LiPo)-help required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithium Polymer Batterys (Li-Po / LiPo)-help required.

As it says, need help with LiPo. Can you sling these into any AEG, do you ned to upgrade?
    Yes, this may be a stoooopid question, so please don't spam this thread telling me that, i don't know about Lipo's, so come on, guys n gals, educate me.
    Ratty
    Trader Feedback.
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Re: Lithium Polymer Batterys (Li-Po / LiPo)-help required.

depends wich one you get you may need to swap out your aegs tamia conecters for deans.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 12 May, 2009, 07:04.
    Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

ah cool i wanted to know this aswell, so internally is everything still ok just the connectors might need changing?
      Originally posted by owainthegreat
      You sir, are a potato.

Comment

Often if the rof increase in considerable or above the 25 rounds per second kind of mark your gearbox, mainly your piston, will wear a lot quicker and you'll find yourself replacing piston and piston. Give 'angle of engagement' and 'pre-engagement' a search on the forum for more info there's several threads on it.
        TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
        Tokyo Marui P90
        HFC M9 Special Forces
        KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Basically, Deans connectors is very advisable as the crappy copper contacts on the tamiya connectors can become very tempremental. You MUST have a fuse in the gun as the Li-Poly battery could melt all your wiring or at worst case blow up the battery. A mosfet should also be used and isnt very expensive to put in. Li-poly batteries come in 3.7volt cells. So really the 2 main options are 7.4v and 11.1v. Only use the 11.1v battery in a fully upgraded gun as it will rip it to shreads. Dont look away from the 7.4v battery because it gives about the same ROF that a large 3000mah battery will give you and is alot smaller. they come in about 2000mah packs and are very small and most fit where a small battery goes.

Next you will need a good charger and pay as much as you can afford on the charger. I got mine for £70 and the batteries are £15 a pop.

Any more questions just PM me.

Hope that helps
          Oli

Comment

the benefits of using lipo batteries compared to standard batts is that they are smaller and run a lot longer...because of their size you can fit a more powerful bat in the same place and it will perform wonders, you can keep them stored fully charged and they wont discharge...but they are volatile and they need to be treated correctly otherwise they will cause damage, google pros and cons for more info
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

tried me first lipo this weekend and im well impressed.
              bought a 7.4v 2100 and a very good fusion ethos pro charger, when fully charged battery out put is 8.49v and after a day of use 3000 rounds in a classic army scar at 350 fps battery dropped 1volt so had just under another 0.9v to go till it hit its minimum 6.6 v charge after one charge.
              as said change to deans connectors as the tamiya are crap and youll waste voltage with higher resistance connectors, and fuse wise i used the type that use car fuses as lower resistance.
              you must either use a low battery warning device or get a multimeter to regulary check voltages as if you drop below 6v (6.6v safest) on a two cell 7.4v pack it will be knackered and dangerouse to re charge.
              never charge above 1c i.e 2.1amp if 2100 mah and never leave unnatended when charging.
              theres alot of scare stories on the net about exploding lipos, but if there treated with abit of common sense there shouldnt be any probs.
              for alot of info on lipos check the model car/plane forums, its what they all use and have done for a very long time
              m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

HOLY S*#T! these things sound lethal just googled it! im definately gonna stay away from them! dont want any limbs to get blown off :p
                You sir, are a potato.

Comment

they are only dangerouse if mistreated, the you tube demos are all deliberatly mistreated battery scare stories, even ni-cad/nimh if severly mistreated can catch fire
                  m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

im sticking with a 10.8v battery myself! lol

Comment

the things i watched didnt just catch fire, they exploded! they made an mk5 look like a party popper! and they seem to much trouble, if they get charged too much theyre knackered, if they get drained too much theyre knackered
                      You sir, are a potato.

Comment

So would i also need to replace my pro peak charger?
                        Trader Feedback.

Yorkshire Players Forum.

Comment

yh mate i assume you have a varipulse 2500 or summat similar and they dont charge lipos only make them explode!
                          You sir, are a potato.

Comment

as i understand it you can buy a seperate balancer unit to allow a standard charger to be used

Comment

Arse!!!
                              My new project may require a rethink.
                              Trader Feedback.

Yorkshire Players Forum.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ratty1968 Find out more about ratty1968
                              Working...
                              X