Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WaGs

Originally posted by Aeviv View Post
    I actually had this argument with a couple of my female friends, one of whom is totally non-interested in airsoft, and one who has been a couple of times, but not at a serious level. They couldn't understand how I could consider spending £60 on an assault vest, whilst I couldn't think how they could justify spending £100+ on their prom dresses. Each to their own eh?
    Agreed:p

After reading you pair don't see each other that much then what business is it of hers? She can't exactly ring you up and say "MrPorky from ZeroOneAirsoft sold you an minigun!! Explain!". Ok, that was a drastic over the top example but just keep them outta plain view and dont talk about it. If a mate says "You airsoftin this weekend?" when your sat next to your chick just say shurrup and get back to watever you were talking about.

Its really not that hard mate just think back to when you didnt do airsoft..guns hidden, equipment all in a gym bag, nothing lying around linked to airsoft, and dont talk about it to her. Its not as if you need a beretta lying on your coffee table incase Pedro trys to get his drug money.
    Face to Foot Style, How cha like it! - Kung Pow

Comment

It's your hobby, its your money, it's your life. If you wanted to shack up with someone who will edit your life and dictate what you will and won't do...why not run for a political party instead?

People, both guys and girls, are always trying things to assert themselves or to centre the attention on themselves. Sometimes there's a genuine need to do so ("Honey, while you were playing World of Warcraft our kid set on fire, can you stop that please?"). But generally, if its possible for me to say this without being a mysogynist, at least 50% of women can't seem to enjoy a person for who they are - they have to make 'changes' or run a series of tests so you can prove yourself to them. And a lot of the time it manifests in stuff like cutting out what you enjoy and doing more stuff they enjoy.

Depends which you value the most as with any choice. I have to agree with something Aeviv said though - I also side with whoever HASN'T asked me to choose.
      "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

just say, ok, but you have no jewerelly or make up.. i mean you dont actually need it to live do you... its kinda pointless :p
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

you could always say that uve stopped and taken up golf which happens to be on the same day as airsoft and hide your guns in a golf caddy :D
          PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

To the OP, dump her ass. Ultimatums are not made by those that love you.

I think i must have hit some kind of girlfriend jackpot judging by some of the responces on here.

Mine actively encourages me to buy guns and go skirmishing. She comes with me, has her own gun (and slowly building up a collection of kit), and gets stuck in. Shes also buying me a TM Mk23 Socom for christmas. And to top it off, she remarked to me the other day that i needed to get my guns mounted on the wall "because its such a waste to have those stuck in the corner where no-one can admire them".

To look at her youd think shes a proper girlie girl. And in some ways she is (goes for manicures and pedicures etc.), but never moans about anything i do. First choice of film the other night was Black Hawk Down. :D

In fact, this thread makes me realise just how lucky i am; im going to have to go give her a massive hug. Haha.
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

my GF is cool with it, she has the odd wee moan about it (wouldnt be a woman otherwise)

but as people say, yeah i spend £100 on a tac vest, she spends same on a dress and it gets worn 2-3 times a year, but my vesty gets used every fortnight

Comment

my misses(?) likes airsoft but like when i used to live with my parents i just had all my equipment at a mates house well that was before i got my dad in to it

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                  my wife hates it,but my mistress is cool with it
                  what i ommitted was that she hates it because im always going skirmishing, and twice a month im attending full milsim weekenders, in remote places where my phone has no signal
                  (that was a joke btw)
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by barlow View Post
                    my girlfriend knows better than to question anything i do.
                    hahaahahahaahahahahaha
                    Originally posted by jonnyhal
                    For Sale: very nice heavy springer
                    Originally posted by soulflame2
                    when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

Fella,

Be honest with her tell her its as much a part of your life as anything else and its important to you.

Agree to spend some time with her schedule it and pay her attention, but whatever you do do not ler her or anyone dictate what you do with your down time.

Its the quickest way to sour any relationship by one party being forced into giving up something they really love or enjoy as they will always (in this case you) will always hold a grudge about this.

Its far better to thrash it out and reach a workable compromise that suits you both.

To add I am lucky my wife understands the need for a fat middle aged lazy bugger to go running round a forest (substitue walk for running) a few times a month as its good exercise and now she has actually come to the site and met people she understands that its also a very social gathering and not so bizare.

Best of luck
                      Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                      Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                      Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bezza806 Find out more about Bezza806
                      Working...
                      X