Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 advice

right i have the choice on what to choose from:

1. i get a TM m14 long, make it around 330-350FPS and give it a twist barrel, so fully and semi automatic

2.i get a TM m14 long, upgrade it to 420FPS and give it a tightbore, semi only

i preffer choice number one, you tell me what you think i should do?

Re: M14 advice

depends where you are playing and how you prefer to use it

if you prefer to have the option of full auto then you will get more use out of the rifle if you use it that way - tm m14s are accurate enough as they stand without sticking a ridiculously high fps on top

also some sites dont allow semi above 350fps unless bolt action so if you plan on taking it to other sites they may not allow it
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
      depends where you are playing and how you prefer to use it

if you prefer to have the option of full auto then you will get more use out of the rifle if you use it that way - tm m14s are accurate enough as they stand without sticking a ridiculously high fps on top

also some sites dont allow semi above 350fps unless bolt action so if you plan on taking it to other sites they may not allow it
      i would like fully but it wouldn't be used to often, and it should be more accurate with a twist barrel

Comment

I think you should buy mine.

More serious note, depends what you want to do???
        Sniper or assault.
        Mines at 425 so means 20m engagemnt. Resulting in the need for a backup (Ak74su).

Atleast youve got the right idea and are going for a TM.
        Wanted:
        RS SVD
        MP5K PDW STOCK
        AK PBS SILENCER

Comment

I also prefer choice number 1, but get rid of the twist barrel - they're simply not as good as tightbores (tested theory).

But remember though, most M14's now are DMR's - semi automatics only.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

i do kind of want to be able to snipe and assault, that's more of one of the reasons why i chose option 1

Comment

Find mines ok for assault as im not really into all the stealth and waiting of sniping. But the only downside is the engagement range. Also not as keen on TK barrels either, you have to get the fps right for them to work at their best. Prometheus parts all the way
              Wanted:
              RS SVD
              MP5K PDW STOCK
              AK PBS SILENCER

Comment

I use a TM M14 with stock spring using a 6.03 tightbore, i find this the best setup as i can use full auto if i need and assault up nice and close. Its accurate as hell and has quite some range even stock fps (~300). Ive got the same range as the upgraded vsr's and aps2's and such like that.

Comment

nice, can't wait to get mine

Comment

I agree with Barny. All you really need on a TM M14 is a tightbore barrel, and maybe a H shaped hop rubber

Comment

Isn't it an H shaped bucking? Sorry to be picky but it clear's up confusion over different parts. Also do you know how well they perfom, ive been considering one but im not sure if it would be much of an improvement.

Comment

Yeah, i meant bucking. My brain switched off. I'm putting them in all of my guns soon. I've heard only good things about them.

Comment

If you read up on it, you will find that Twist barrels stop being useful beyond about 1J muzzle energy so above 330fps with .2s they aren't worth it.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

yey for the twist barrel i heard they work best at about 350 fps and youl probly be using .25s wont you stretton? also full auto all they way just in case some pepole jump up quite close! also for supresive fire if needed (i.e gilomes dead)!
                            Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

hehe, you read my mind

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

strettman i have no soul...... according to south park Find out more about strettman
                              Working...
                              X