Camo On Assault rifles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camo On Assault rifles?

Hey Just wondering what your views are on this.

Obviously with a sniper rifle or an assault rifle that you use a sniper rifle a camo paint job or camo tape is almost essential but what about for normal aegs?
    I personally think that Unless you do a really good desert camo or something similar it just looks taki lol I meen the other week at a skirmish i saw someone who had painted there m4 a very bright forest camo and i just think it looks silly, what is your views?

Cheers Ben
    sigpic

Re: Camo On Assault rifles?

seen a systema m4 wrapped in leaves, grass and furns and kept on with elastic bands, looked good to me

Comment

Whats the difference between the Camo on a snipers rifle to the camo on an assault rifle? The reason its done is to camouflage the weapon so why cant an assault rifle be painted?... it has the same effect on Assault rifles so why not? If you dont like it then your just at a disadvantage to those who have done it so they can be sneaky and hide.

Comment

Scrim nets are a good idea, breaks up the outline and you can attach foliage to them. I personally dont like painting rifles

Comment

I sprayed most of my guns. It's not essential in any way, shape or form, because if you're good, you won't get seen anyway. Spraying a gun isn't going to necessarily hide you. I just like it lol.
          Originally posted by The Laughing Man
          Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

As far as aesthetics go, it depends a lot on the gun. I'd happily spray a camo pattern on an M4 or M16 but it wouldn't suit an HK416 or an AK. Also, it depends on the style of camo painted on, a lot of them I've seen just look like crap

Comment

Some assault rifles suit camouflage paint jobs, some don't. I've seen some very professional paint jobs on AKs that simply don't suit the gun, even though the painter was obviously very good at it. In my opinion AKs need to be plain, with the only exception those totally pimped chromed and gold plated ones. They don't look too clever with a camo scheme. Similarly G36 type guns - they just look best in black.

The Armalite family seem to suit paint jobs well, although maybe that's just because we've seen so many that we are used to them. I've also seen some pics of G3 variants painted, either AEGs or real ones, and these look okay painted.

A bad paint job looks terrible on any gun as far as I'm concerned, but a good paint job doesn't suit all guns. I reckon it's down to personal preference, and guns that suit a paint job can look just as good without any paint at all. If you like it then that's fine - it's got nothing to do with what others think. Paint it if you want to, slather it in Magpul doo-dads if you like, hang all sorts off it or leave it alone. It's your gun, it's your money, you decide what you want to do. Other people's opinions are just that - other people's.

Comment

My SPR is black as nature intended

But it does sport a guillie rifle wrap from the barrel upto and over the scope .

Some of the custom paint jobs look gash. If you paint your aeg in desert camo it looks wrong in woodland.

At least cammo tape or a wrap on AEGs can be changed between urban ,desert or woodland

Comment

As has been said I'm a big fan of painted guns, although it does depend on the type. Both my M4 and M14 are painted, personally I don't think pistols should ever be painted hence why mine aren't.

Comment

i personally have no need to paint my rifles as i can be just as sneeky with a silver pistol as with a black on. the same with rifles.

but if its done properly they can look awesome., ive seen a few sniper rifles that have looked cool but some that havnt
                    Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
                    I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

Depends on how serious you are about the sport or how much you want to imitate the big boys and their toys :-) I would probably do it if I had the time.

Comment

im undecided to do some parts of my g36c in tan. hmmm

Comment

Yeh it really does seem to come down to preference, in my opinion i think a full camo job on assault rifles doesnt look good 90% of the time, mind you ive definitely seen some exceptions, Yeh im considering spraying parts of my m4 OD
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

UndeadGhost Find out more about UndeadGhost
                          Working...
                          X