A few shotgun questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few shotgun questions.

Hey all, sooner or later this year I'm going to get a shotgun as my secondary weapon / close quarter primary weapon, but first I wanted to run a few queries past those of you who are skilled with the weapons...

1. Bandolier or shell holder? To those of you who have them, which would you says best? Having a shell holder generally makes it look cooler at least, but I was wondering if theres any actual difference in a game if you have one over a bandolier?

2. Laser sight? Another thing I was wondering was whether getting a Laser sight for a shotgun would be a good idea, with the idea that you could snap onto your target quicker? Or are they accurate / quick enough without one?

Lastly, whilst the shotgun I mainly have in mind is the TM SPAS 12, I was wondering if anyone of you have, have had, or have used either the HS "Mad Max" Double Barreled Sawn-Off Shotgun, or the Marushin M1887, either the one with the full length stock and barrel or the sawn-off "Terminator 2" one?

If so, what are they like? Any good? Worth the buy?

1, having a shell holder attached to the shotgun would be the way to go. Less fiddling with items of clothing to do.

2, I wouldn't bother with a laser, they are accurate enough in cqb, but the best distance that's effective with a shotgun is within 15 metres, and at that range you're not going to be worrying about wether your aiming right. It'll be bang split second point and shoots.

3. Sadly havent handled the tm. But I've looked at and seen in action the mad max sawn off. It's a good item, packs a real punch. Sounds quite painful when it hits! I personally would recommend what I have, the acm mossberg 500.

One more thing I'd recommend, get a 6mm shotty, rather than 8mm, as 8mm bbs of a decent weight are tricky to source. My shotguns a wall hanger for now because of this!

Comment

Re: A few shotgun questions.

Get a DE shotty!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
      A brain?
      Originally posted by snuff
      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.

And Boo-Sabum Ben, whats the loading like with Mad max shells? With the gas and BB's?

Comment

When you say what's the reloading like, so you mean how does it work? Or how does it feel, is it easy etc?

Sadly as with all shotguns that run off shells, you'll need a fair few shells, and have to spend a fair bit of time reloading it.

Reloading the mad max is fairly easy, little switch let's the barrels fall open, slide the shells in, snap it shut, shoot and repeat!

Comment

If you want value for money get a DE shotty. Get your extra shells from China-based web retailers, and a cheap shotgun shell belt off of the Bay of E. As has been said, don't bother with any laser sights. Maybe get a torch that can be clipped to the end.

Comment

de shotties have 10 shots per shell as do the tm ones, its also relativley fast to reload so that isnt a problem, the effective range of them can abe up to 30-40 meters, a friend used one as a primary at the weekender and absoloutly raped with it, torch and lazer would be handy if you want them as you can instantly see where its pointing just as long as you have got it pointing in the general are where the bbs are going, torch would only be needed if its dark and you want to be blinding your enemies
              PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

1. Shell holders are better imo, dont have to fiddle about with wherever your bandolier belt is (sling, waist etc.)
                2. I think a pressure pad activated torch would be better than a laser; you could use it to blind enemies as well as lighting them up.
                3. And finally the SPAS12. I own the tm one, and i have to say it is a very nice gun. A good feel to it, looks the shizz (especially in OD) and is accurate out to aeg distances. I have used it both in Woodland and CQB, and it is very good. Also, if you went with the spas you would be able to remove the spring in the (rubbish) shell holder at the end, and find a way to mount the torch inside.
                BOOM!

Comment

ok i had a de m3 as i heard they matched up to the tm. i had a jack pyke shot gun belt with 13 shells. the belt cost me £6. i could easily pick one shell out of the belt and shove the empty one in within 5 seconds. no fondiling around with these belt they are defo they way to go. perfect for quick paced cqb games. also lasers are a waste of money. spring shotguns are just point and shoot. the only time you might need a laser is in bigger games and tbh the spread of the shotgun probally wouldnt go where you wanted in a woodland of something. and id defo go for the spas 12 as it looks mean, packs a punch and shells are easy to get hold of as are the de ones.
                  "Matey" - The most over used word on any airsoft forum....

Comment

I have to disagree with the de shotties matching up to the tm ones, i have used both and the tm was the clear victor imo. Also, double eagle ones are as rare as hen's teeth, but they are admittedly good value for money. If you can spare the cash, go tm
                    BOOM!

Comment

1 - Bandolier for more shells. I found with my shell holder they would sometimes fall out.
                      2 - If your site allows lasers go for it. It allows you to hip shoot so you can recock faster.
                      3 - SPAS 12 will tire you out if you use it all day cos its a bitch to cock. It's also way too long for CQB (like almost a M4). A Super 90 varient without the stock is better.
                      sigpic

G&G M16/M4 variant upper body wanted: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...890#post917890

Comment

the double barrel sawn off's are not worth the money, they are, at best collectors items.

they are very kewl, but they have a habbit of just going off, which isn't good, AND the shells are a real bitch, they leak alot and damage very easily, thus not skirmish friendly.

plus you'd need alot to actually go on a skirmish with, and finding thme in 6mm is fairly hard.

but they are so awesome to hold and play with.

TM benelli full stock in my opinion is the best all round skirmish shotgun, following very closely by the M500 gas shottie. i base this on reliability, sturdiness, acurracy and price, they are both very good shotguns.

Boris
                        K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

At the weekender i chose using my DE shotty over a heavily upgraded aeg, if you like a fast paced game style and prefer to use your noggin then go for it. I found it was a much more fun an rewarding way to skirmish. I just used a shell holder on the shotgun and kept the rest in my pockets. Left pocket for empties, right for those that are still loaded. Worked fine, only took them out of the shell holder when i needed a particularly fast reload.

Mine was working nicely, hits out to about 40m, but tbh, if you're going to use a shotgun in a skirmish it's not about the range you get, being outgunned is something you just have to accept. So much fun when you get it right though.

Comment

i have used shotguns pretty much as long as i have been airsofting and i love them.

1. a shell holder would help as its just too annoying to get them out of pockets and stuff

2. lasers dont really matter they are accurate enough and i dont have sights of any kind on my shotgun (mossberg 500) and i am a really good shot i can hit a leaf from 40ft away

3. seen someone whith the mad max and it looks good he said theyre allright but i dont know
                            sigpicthis should be put into production immediately

Originally posted by B.E.N.
                            Pretty sure my dickhead of a Father ended up threatening somebody with it, which was a pity because he never got arrested for it .

Comment

I used to have a SPAS 12 and now have a gas M500. I'd choose the gas gun every day of the week.

The spring shotties are nice, but hard work, whereas the gas ones are as light as a feather to cock, sound the mutts and fire 5 BBs rather than the 3 of the shell based guns. Also, they hold around 150 BBs at a time, so need less reloading.

I used mine as my primary at last years weekender and enjoyed every minute of it.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

W.R.R Find out more about W.R.R
                              Working...
                              X