more range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more range

do we actually need or want more range i see from the majority of posts yes would be the answer,but lets think about it.if you had a gun that fires say twice the distance, would you be happy siting at the back of a skirmish shooting people that cant reach you. i can see that being fun for a limited time, or is it more fun to get in amongst the action using your own skills and drills to take out the enemy,using a less power full weapon you would have to use guile and cunning to close on an enemy.for me i like to know if i get some good kills its down to me not that i have more superior kit, i would hate people coming up to me saying that they could not reach the distance i was shooting at
    //We G36e// We G36c // We SA80 //We mp5 a5 //We m4 // G&G G36c // marui desert eagle // kwa usp.45 // well vsr11 // TM UZI // JG G3 // cyma 870 long

Re: more range

I kinda agree. Mind you though, we've always had weapons that can outrange others, yet fighting usually ends up with people trying to stab each other with knives.

Comment

I normally engage targets at maximum range anyway, I would be happy knowing that Im a good 10ft outside my targets maximum effective range, but Im still able to hit him square on. After all it makes your objective a lot easier if you dont have to go back to the respawn point! :p

Then again, having said that it depends what type of game Im playing, if its CQB then range really isnt a factor to be honest. Woodland however I prefer a couple of well placed shots from range, makes me feel good :P You dont have to get close to someone to be sneaky!

The occasional knife kill is very satisfying though! Or pistol bayonet! :p

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
        I normally engage targets at maximum range anyway, I would be happy knowing that Im a good 10ft outside my targets maximum effective range, but Im still able to hit him square on. After all it makes your objective a lot easier if you dont have to go back to the respawn point! :p
        Do you have an enchanted gun then?

Comment

Nope, just saying Id be happier knowing I could hit my target whilst theres a good chance they cant hit me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
            Nope, just saying Id be happier knowing I could hit my target whilst theres a good chance they cant hit me.
            Ah, I'm with you, I read it as if that was what you currently did...

Comment

I use a sniper rifle in woodland, i love out-ranging other guns and it seems more like a trick shot when you hit someone over 50 meters away with plenty of wind against you

Originally posted by Metalbody
              pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

well I live about 5 planets away from the nearest airsoft field, so I do it in a forest with some other airsofters... but there, the terrain is very open, and since we are usually playing quite stealthy, and one adversary has a sniper, range goes a long way! Though there is so much brush, power if a pre requisite as well!

For that reason, I'm getting a nice new barrel and bucking soon

I can understnad the thrill of taking someone on with a short ranged gun though- I remember a time not so long ago when I was taking on a cheapo sniper, with a cheapo springer pistol

still have the scar though.
                When the 404 error message gets a 404 error message, you know it's bad...

Comment

Personally I find it so much more satisfying when I pick off an enemy from long range

Although I do see the appeal of having BBs wizzing past you from pretty much every direction.

I think it depends where your playing. For instance, at the weekender I prefered to snipe due to the higher "death" rate and the huge playing area;whenever I died I spent the next hour looking for my team! :P

Of course at my regular site I prefer CQB due to that when you die its pretty easy to find your teammates :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mrboo Find out more about mrboo
                  Working...
                  X