Is this kit worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this kit worth buying?

I'm interested in upgrading to a metal kit has anyone had any experience with the tm 1911 Guarder Aluminum Slide & Frame?Are they well made? do they last?I would be grateful; for any info. Thanks

Re: Is this kit worth buying?

Most of guarder's kit tends to be pretty solid and trustworthy, although i have no experience with that model id say go for it. I believe Billy has a guarder slide & frame on his deagle
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

they are nice but i would go for the black kit as the silver has a pitted and flake affect on the frame and slide

Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I'd recommend them but make sure you have a professional do it. I did mine myself and it was tough, even for me and I've done a shed load of work on my guns and fixed every problem I ever had.

Comment

is that a metal d.eagle? anyway guarder frames and slides can have faults with them as they are cast so they dont always fit great, so id recommend one thats been done with a cnc cutter (normally says cnc in the description, pgc make good ones). Moving on theyre great! they look nice, feel good, better recoil and sound (you dont get this with all metal kits) , but the problems are they use more gas to shift the slide so you might not be able to empty a full mag, and the slides are heavier so you cant fire as fast (again not the case with all of them)
          Originally posted by owainthegreat
          You sir, are a potato.

Comment

Yes it's metal And yes you're right they don't fit great. Mine's on it's way to Zero One tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jkz View Post
              I'm interested in upgrading to a metal kit has anyone had any experience with the tm 1911 Guarder Aluminum Slide & Frame?Are they well made? do they last?I would be grateful; for any info. Thanks

I've had four metal 1911's, all TM and all with the guarder metal slide and frame kits and i can say that they are well worth getting. They complete TM 1911s. They're extremely easy to fit as well i've found and are very sturdy and strong, i dropped one of the first ones i got once or twice on hard ground with no effect to the performance and only a tiny scratch to the slide. There are no wobbles or loose parts anywhere.

Definately get one if you've got the cash to spare.
              My Trader Feedback - http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...6065-Dan-Jones

Comment

Here's a pic of what yours will look like if you go guarder US metal slide and frame jobby.

It gives the gun a great weight to it also.

My Trader Feedback - http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...6065-Dan-Jones

Comment

ooo any chance of you selling the springfield cross cannon grips?
                  Originally posted by owainthegreat
                  You sir, are a potato.

Comment

dan what other upgrades did you add to your 1911? or did you keep the internals bog standard
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

johnnyj how are those grips? I'm thinking of getting a set when I fit a metal kit to my 1911.
                      Do you have any pics of the other side too? I cant decide if I want a silver or black kit and as I'm sticking with the standard parts I'm wondering what they look like with standard parts on a silver pistol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jkz Find out more about jkz
                      Working...
                      X