is there any gaurantee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any gaurantee?

hey guys im about to buy a gun later on via the forums..

my payment method is bank transfer

i dont mean to be rude but is it possible they could just take the money and not send u the product?

is there any gaurentee? thanks

War Is Just Another Way For Americans To Learn Geography

Re: is there any gaurantee?

There is a very real chance they could do a runner if you pay by bank transfer.

Go get paypal.
    /9 out.

Comment

Or do it face to face.

Comment

is paypal hard to set up and how can they not take your money by doing paypal

War Is Just Another Way For Americans To Learn Geography

Comment

You can file a dispute if they do take your money and run. The seller has 2 weeks to respond and proove postage (tracking etc), or you get your money back. The cash becomes the property of paypal as soon as you file the dispute, and they will decide who is telling the truth.

Just make sure to send the cash as "payment for goods" not as a "gift". If you do, paypal will see no reason that you were paying for an item, and rule in favour of the seller.

Comment

Because there's a record of it and you can claim it back if you get scammed because it's part of a deal. A bank transfer is just you giving them money, and that's all the bank knows.
            http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/cliftond/lampard.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

bank transfer = FAIL

paypal = WIN (well, most of the time)

Comment

I was going to start a new thread on this, glad I did a search instead.

I am also a bit concerned that anyone would ask/insist on a bank transfer for the small amount of money ( relatively speaking ) asked for our stuff. It just doesn't ring right for me.

What is really wrong with Paypal ? ( Going to do another search after this too )

I have to say I would not buy from someone who asked for Bank Transfer.

Just my two pennerth

Cheers

Roy

Comment

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4501

Read that

Comment

Paypal can be a pain in the arse sometimes especially if you use it a lot, I know there have been times when I could'nt accept paypal, there is always an element of trust when trading on a forum.
                    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Cheers Billy Wu

Just confirmed my own opinion really, Paypal if you are expecting what you are buying to be posted to you. It's not perfect but what is ?

Regards

Roy

Comment

Legitimate Sellers Use BACS Too!

Let's just get this straight, BACS is not just used for scammers. When I am selling I'd always rather take BACS. Paypal charge 4% first off. So on big sales, that can be a tenner lost in fees. They also charge a flat 20p rate. So if I'm selling something for only a couple of quid, that is a lot in fees too. BACS is instant for most people now, Paypal makes you wait 5-7 days before you can take the money out.

Paypal, BACS, Cheque, Cash or meeting in person all have risk. So be sensible! Best advise is:

Check who the seller is...
                        Did they sign up to the forum yesterday and listed a whole load of kit for sale. Or do they have 100's of posts and been a member for a while?

Check other transactions.
                        Do a username search in the "Rate A Trader" sub forum. See if they have trading history. For example if you look up me, you'll see about 10 people I have dealt with saying everything went ok. This should give you confidence.

That is about as sure as you can be online, short of hiring a investigator!

Comment

+1 on what he said ^

I hate the way that paypal doesn't give you your money straight away, and I'm not keen on having fees to levy either. So I'd be perfectly happy to enter into a bank transfer deal for a RIF. As jagillham says, look at a trader's history, whether they've posted before, whether they have a rating on here. Also remember that there is always a paper trail should you need to prove a transaction took place, such as PMs, possibly eMails etc.
                          Last edited by cyberi4n; 18 January, 2009, 19:48.
                          WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Not really that valid though, all can be faked, and i doubt would have much standing in court.

Clearly neither of you have ever gone through the AGONISING process of a dispute via a bank.

As a buyer i would much rather pay the extra 4% to cover the sellers paypal fee's, and have that peace of mind.

Comment

Barrett is correct. Emails, PM's and other forms of internet communications are not valid evidence because like he said, they can be faked.

I could write up a fake MSN conversation or create a fake email address and email my main email address with it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheShizzNizz Find out more about TheShizzNizz
                              Working...
                              X