Radio suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio suggestions

Finally I have been able to sort out a bit of comms, however, I need a bit of assistance in placing it on the rig.

So I have a standard vest (osprey) and a throat mike attachment with a good sized PTT button.

Unfortunately I have a shed load of wire dangling all over the place.
    What I need is suggestions as to where to place a) the radio - standard sized radio and b) what to do with the wires.

Pics and advice welcome!

Cheers lads
    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Re: Radio suggestions

im not an expert in this, as i dont have comms yet...(will do by october though, hopefully) but the people ive seen on my site have the radio in a pouch on their back, roughly over the right shoulderblade then run the wire through the loops in the vest, under the left arm and up the left half of the chest so the PTT button is chest height... any excess wires seem to be ushered into a strategically placed small pouch on the front of the vest....

atm ive got a belt pouch ready for my radio..... so ill do it differently (prob put it behind me on my belt... or try to swap it for a vest pouch instead)

Comment

I would say as above, in a pouch on your back, work out how much wire you comfortably need and then use small cable ties to wrap up the rest into a bundle and tuck it into a molle loop or other hiding place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

you could run the wire under your clothes iv been toying with the idea with mine cos im in knots at the end of the day haha

Comment

I just put all my excess wire into a zip-up jacket pocket Very easy, and it works.
          Others till I die

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Snowdrop Find out more about Snowdrop
          Working...
          X