Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediocre player - positioning tips?

Hi All,

I'm a pretty mediocre player, I primarily play indoors and I've practiced my aim from standing, reactive aiming, aiming while moving and I feel I've got a decent accuracy for the calibre of player I generally play against but my positioning is dogshit more often than not, any tips from people who can move and flank properly?

Cheers
    Cam

What do you mean when you say your positioning, what general goes wrong for you
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

In the simplest sense I get flanked quite often

Comment

There’s not much you can do, as one person, from a CQB point of view. You’ll not often see professionals do it alone because you can only focus on so much at one time, not matter how quick you are.

Things to look into:
        Slicing the pie
        Room entry (metre in, metre out)

Remember never to stick to the middle of a corridor, pick a side and work it that way.

Never get on the edge of a doorframe unless you have to.

If you’re playing peekaboo with someone and they duck in while you’re out, stay out. You have the advantage.

If you’re going to look around that corner, might as well look with the barrel ready also. You’ll never know what you might find.

Hope some of that helps!

Comment

More than likely the biggest reason your getting flanked so much is your not paying enough attention to the sides and behind you , but saying that it’s not really your fault , I see it time and time again players focus on a field of view ruffly 120’deg in front of them (the same as what you have on your Xbox/PlayStation) and once you get past it you basically become invisible to them ! So if you are spending game time out on your own you need to keep checking 360’ not just in front .
          Sounds simple but it’s obvious not that easy to do (as I can confirm from doing it multiple times yesterday at a gameday ) sneak past the other team then basically just walk up behind them and either single shot to the back of the thigh or if I thought I could get away with it and really scare the shit out of them walk up behind and “knife kill !” . So in conclusion children pay more attention to ALL your surroundings and not just in front of you .
          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ctaylor8495 Find out more about ctaylor8495
            Working...
            X