Lipo quick question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo quick question!

Ok so ive searched and have come up with nothing, so if you dont mind have a quick question for you all!

Now I just bought a G&P SR16 and it came with lipos... no problem, i have a charger that can handle Lipos... Could someone give me some tips to make the most efficient use of lipos? Do I discharge them before storage? etc?

Thanks guys, sorry for asking a already covered subject!

James

Re: Lipo quick question!

no dont discharge them ,

lipo if different to the normal nicd or nimh batteries most people use

when a lipo goes below a certain power setting the battery simply dies resulting in buying a new one ,

and before storage, just charge it fully aswell as balancing at the same time,

store it , when time for using it comes along , just top it up again and balance it , and away you go

Comment

To avoid it dieing get a voltage alarm or buzzer(if you don't have one).

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
      A brain?
      Originally posted by snuff
      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

im new to lipo aswell, got an imax B6 and ive just set it to balance? do i need to set to charge instead?

Originally posted by Metalbody
        pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Lipos don't like being stored fully charged.

Both the IMAX B6 and Turnigy Acucell-6 have "Storage" mode that charge/discharge the cells to 3.8v for storage (Fully charged is 4.2v)

Night before just do a Balance charge and ready to go (No discharge needed).
          Last edited by SmileyMan; 23 September, 2010, 20:18.

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
            im new to lipo aswell, got an imax B6 and ive just set it to balance? do i need to set to charge instead?
            No use balance.

Charge will just charge the cells without keeping a check that both cells are charging at the same rate. (Good cells will charge at same rate but balance charge does not take any longer so why not use it all the time :D)

Comment

Also as mentioned avoid over discharging. You can not just keep going untill the gun stops firing. By that time you will have discharged below 3v (Min) and damaged the cells.

Get a Lipo alarm and just leave connected. Will start beeping* when low, At which point stop!.

*Not so good if you have been sneaking up on someone.

Comment

As smileyman says, but, bear in mind that that is per cell. NOT 3v for the whole battery. So a 3 Cell Li Po should be around 9v minimum
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Delta Sup fool Find out more about Delta
                Working...
                X