importing from america

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing from america

hey guys, couldn't find anything with the search in relation to importing from america. is it essentially the same as importing from china? fees going to be similar/same? same process with regards to proving defence?

can't find a kwa sr7 devgru anywhere but in america so thinking of importing one.

cheers
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Re: importing from america

USA is usually more expensive than China. Also, bear in mind each State have their own laws. Some States don't allow anything gun related to be exported, even things like pistol grips are banned. I know, I have tried quite a few retailers both real steel and airsoft
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

ah figured there was a reason nobody seems to import from there, oh well have to just spend money customing my m4 cqb I suppose
      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

i wouldnt recommend it,unless you had no choice, they are very anal in regards to the rules, and do strange thinks like writing H&K mp5 lower receiver,on the customs forms, instead or CA toy parts...which the chinese and HK retailers would do...the consecquences of this is lots of delays, and for me a visit from the law,asking why im importing gun parts...also they will more or less always declare the full value of the items (which is the legal requirement) unlike our asian friends who are more economical with the truth...which is more economical on your customs charges
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

ive imported from the states it takes 3 times longer than from japan or hong kong.

Kwa is japanese so any of the many japan retailers can order what you want direct.

Comment

KWA is Taiwanese, surely?

Comment

yup.. its ksc thats the rebranded version of the kwa in japan, my bad. all the same bread just sliced differently.

kwa was only ever ksc untill they started shipping worldwide under the kwa brand. i believe they still have to sell it as ksc if it goes to japan.

Comment

When exporting from America, we have to deal with the ITAR, a treaty on exporting technical items relating to computers, software, weapons, and the like. Many retailers here just don't bother to become familiar with ITAR and say that they can not export something. ITAR covers equipment, real firearms, and real firearms parts if they are not commercially available and have a primarily military use. So exporting an airsoft only pistol grip, or airsoft gun is no problem--if the retailers would want to do it. Unfortunately, most of the airsoft sales (for America) are in the US, so there is little incentive for someone to sell abroad. Also, keep in mind that we pay to ship it to America, from China or HK, so you would have to tack that shipping on to the Chinese or HK price.

I have sold several parts to friends in the UK, I label the parts appropriately, and have not had a problem from Customs in either country.

By the way, the only reason that there is a KWA and a KSC is Japanese laws. They are separate entities (geographically and legally) for legal reasons. Does anyone remember when the Japanese police arrested Tanaka executives for making a metal airsoft gun???

Comment

Eagledriver has pretty much hit the nail on the head on this. To prove a point. I approached a number of websites both airsoft and real steel, and they refused to ship pistol grips to the UK stating the above rules and regulations.

Yet, I have recently purchased a Real steel SUIT sight for my L1A1 SLR from the States. Since it is an obsolete item it is not covered by ITAR and since the guy I dealt with, knew what he was doing, I got the item.

It is either ignorance of the US laws, or simply that the companies can't be bothered with dealing outside the States. Either way, dealing with many dealers from the States is just not worth the hassle.
                  Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

thanks for all your help guys

it would appear I'm going to have to hunt for it from an Asian retailer

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

caffin999 IT Consultant Find out more about caffin999
                    Working...
                    X