magpul masada pts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magpul masada pts

I have to say im very impressed with my new magpul masada pts in dark earth which I recieved on wednesday all the trades and build quality is top notch cant fault it and the spring change is so fast just pop out 2 pins undo the spring guide takes about 3 mins from start to finish the range and rof are also great. mine was running at 370 but have dropped it down to 330 fps all in all a great rifle that i would highly reccomend....

Re: magpul masada pts

Very happy that you like it!

I couldn't justify purchasing one considering the A&K is very similar (with the new PTS one enhancing on the build quality and stock internals of the A&K).

The sad thing is, you're going to be seeing lots and lots of them on sites now, which is quite sad! The same can't be said about G&G's new AK5.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

well i've had my masada for nearly 7 months and i've only seen 2 others at the 6 sites i play at , and one is my team mates that i brought for her , glad your im pressed mate , im now considerin gettin the logo etched into the body . . . .

Comment

Sorry to jump in on your thread but i should be getting my A&K masada in the next week or so and just want to know for those of you that already own one what the bad point are about them and what you would personally change to make them more reliable etc. cheers Rob

Comment

Hehe, we had 5 at our site once, and there was only 30 people attending!

Rob - when you get one you'll notice that you can pull the stock straight out without pressing the buttons in (well if yours doesn't do this consider yourself lucky). You may need to take the rear part of the stock off and add something in, like a spring, to make it so that the buttons need to be pressed to get the stock out. There's a Youtube video about it somewhere.

What's interesting is the PTS Folding and Adjustable stock for the PTS ACR has got the same problem...

Other than that, its your normal stuff with clones. Get it chronoed first, and if its sub 300, I'd look at getting a new air seal nozzle (as the stock ones are basic with no o-rings inside). Other than that, make sure the airseal is good inside the gearbox, make sure she's shimmed up properly and working flawlessly. Of course, you'll need to know how to disassemble to get to the gearbox first off, which can be a right bugger (when reassembling the gun).

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Cheers for the info mate. I had a jg g36c which i completely rebuilt and upgraded pertty much everythin inside the gearbox. I just love the look of the masada and am selling my AA L85 to get this and just wanted to know what to look out for really. As long as its reliable and has a decent rate of fire and power id be happy with it. Reliability is the main thing im looking at though and dont need something with a really high rate if fire. I heard the standard motor isnt that great on these, is this true? I have a Tm eg1000 hyper max motor here (long shaft) would this fit and run with no problems because i was told it would be fine and a better quality motor than the standard one. Sorry for all the questions. Cheers

Comment

The stock A&K motor is a high torque one, which gives around 900 rounds per minute on the 9.6v mini batteries. I'd also recommend replacing the wiring, as my sheath (silicone) was very thin and rubbery. If you upgrade the wiring to 16AWG and add some Deans connectors [no fuse], you'll have that upped to about 950 rounds per minute.
              I replaced my motor with a JG Blue, which is also high torque but quite high speed as well. I'm getting around 19 rounds per second, and it's a much better motor.

Yes, the 1000 would fit and run fine, with no problems.

You may also need to take a look at the hop rubber/ nub, mine didn't apply enough hop initially.

Also, if you do decide to change over the internal parts, you may notice that the stock cylinder provides a better seal all round.

Comment

Cheers for that mate, the one im getting has already had the hop rubber replaced and also deans connectors already fitted. ill fit my TM eg1000 motor then if its gonna be fine. i read you ca change internal parts like piston, piston head etc but like you said apparently the standard cylinder provides the best seal so ill take you advice and leave that standard and mabe at a later date get better gears, piston, piston head, spring guide etc. Cant wait to get the gun now, been after it for ages. Cheers for your help mate

Comment

Not a problem. You'll understand when you get yours, the less you have to disassemble this (or reassemble this, I should say), the happier you'll be!

Comment

Yeah i dont wanna have to keep taking it apart i just want to be able to whack the battery in and fire away with as little problems as possible,lol. Looks wise i love the look of then just hope its gonna be as good as i hope it will be.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

windwalker Find out more about windwalker
                    Working...
                    X