Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye protection recommendations

Afternoon all.

Looking for abit of information regarding face protection for Airsoft to further my current understanding.

As far as I can tell there is no “real”, minimum standards or specifications regarding eye / face protection for Airsoft. Is this correct?

It also appears that the general rule is that eye and teeth should be protected and therefore you can either go down the paintball mask route or the goggles / mesh face mask.

I have a pair of Bolle tracker 2 & Baxter goggles which I have for work. Are either of these suitable? They are rated (both) for medium energy impact 0.86g At 120m/s. However I’m not certain of the energy conversion for 0.2g at 350fps ish.

What are the general accepted practises for protection? Any help is much appreciated. Happy for you to link me to previous topics

many thanks!

Bolle Tracker 2 goggle are absolutely fine when worn with a head strap; however, they do tend to fog.

Revision Sawfly glasses are excellent.

Comment

1st of all there is a standard, its ANSI 787.1 plus I think. +1 for sawflys being excellent eye pro

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Super_Spud Find out more about Super_Spud
      Working...
      X