Whose in the right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose in the right?

Ok purchased a cyma M14 and the mag loaded and everything put it into the gun had no tension and wouldn't wind so got permission from the seller to open it up the coil had snapped so re-attached the next section seemed to fix it so went out for try number 2 worked for 10 shots then isnt holding tension/holding enough for 1 bb so got home messaged to seller and asked if he is going to replace it or send me the funds for an extra mag and he says due to him paying postage he can't, But postage was in the deal surely i am right in saying i should have a refund? thanks
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

To be fair if it was me id only offer either the cost towards a mag, or purchase one and send it on to you.

Comment

Re: Whose in the right?

Well its a bit crummy that the mag is broken, but magazines are perishable, and if you got a decent deal on the gun, might just be easier to buy a couple of spares. Most people wont run on one magazine anyway
      Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
      There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
      sigpic

Comment

To be clear by extra mag i meant a replacement but surely its an out of the box failure.
        I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

If the mag really is buggered, Id try your luck and ask him to buy you a new magazine. I wouldnt expect the buyer to do anymore than that though assuming the guns in good shape.

He should replace the mag though if he didnt say it was broken. Paying postage is no excuse..

Comment

well yeah in my opinion if it was advertised with a working mag out of politeness he/she should help you with another. i know that mags are temperamental and can break easily so maybe you and the seller could go half's on a new one if he/she is low on funds then its fair from both ends

Comment

I'd say fair would be either:

1) The seller should do is source a mag from the forum, and have it sent straight to you.

2) You can return the whole lot at your expense for a full refund of the selling price.

Comment

Thanks i have and the gun is all fine (from the 30 shots ive managed) but if he refused any options i can take? e.g reclaiming cash in paypal? ect if he doesn't refund anyway to change the iTrader feedback i gave? (gave it when the mag slightly worked)

Comment

Balbosa good idea il ask him on going halfs thanks

Comment

Starting a dispute with paypal for a single broken mag is a little over the top, if your found in the right (99%of the time) you then have to post the whole thing back, just for a broken mag?
                    If the seller is ar%^y with you over it just take the knock and buy a new mag or get one off here.

Comment

Tisane il ask him to go halfs on mag on the forum thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nadrian View Post
                        Balbosa good idea il ask him on going halfs thanks
                        no worries matey it keeps things fair he cant really complain at that

Comment

Sent him a pm will report back here when i get a reply.

Comment

With paypal the onus is on you to prove it was not fit for purpose. In this case you have dialogue which proves this. I disagree, it is worth opening a dispute. You will get all costs including postage refunded back.

This happened with my wife buying a "genuine" Louis Vuitton Handbag. She had to prrove it was fake. So she had to take it to a Louis Vuitton store for verification. It was proved to be a fake so they refunded all costs plus postage
                            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nadrian Find out more about Nadrian
                            Working...
                            X