Zeiss z-point. Airsoft replica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zeiss z-point. Airsoft replica?

That's kinda how it works but it goes too far. Typical room lighting and it's off completely. Have to go right near a bulb for it to be any decent brightness. Using fresh battery too.

Comment

Oh I see. I thought you meant the reverse was true.

Lets see... LDR's resistance decreces as the brightness goes up...
      So if you want it at full brightness (assuming you can get to the LDR) removing it alltogether should do the trick. Replacing it with a small bit of wire, or just shorting it out.

If you cant get to the sensor... then I dont know what you can do, except maybe enquire about the possibility of it being defective.

Comment

Ah, righty so smashing it off won't work?

Not sure if it'll result in permanent on or off. No biggie really; I'll just co-witness with the front sight.

Comment

If you remove the LDR it will result in permanant off. Shorting it out should give permanant on (providing its switched on).

Co-witnessing is always a good idea. Though it's a shame to have to use irons when you have a red dot on there already. It also assumes you can see the irons through the dot, which isn't always possible. Should be ok for the mp7 though.

Comment

Yeah, co-witness works ok to an extent. Not worth the risk of fiddling though and as I've just changed the nozzle and valve on my MP7 I'll be on Valium for the rest of the week anyway!

Comment

And a thread wouldn't be complete without some pics!:

NB: The pressel switch on the Z-Point is a custom printed sticker I made. Can't have a 'Star Airsoft' logo on it now can we?

Comment

slyyyyyy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MajorLandmark Find out more about MajorLandmark
                Working...
                X