Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Preventing goggles from steaming up with household items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing goggles from steaming up with household items?

I posted a while back about stopping goggles steaming up and I read that fairy liquid can work?

How would one go about doing this to prevent it?
    Like apply fairy liquid and then wash it off before you go skirmishing, or what?

Cheers,
    -Kyle
    sigpic

Re: Preventing goggles from steaming up with household items?

i think you put it on rub it around the glass then get a nice smooth cloth and rub it all off dont use water i think what you want is a thin layer of the washing up liquid to be left on the glass to stop the fog (guys please update me if im wrong)

Comment

Put some washing uo liquid in a small container & leave it until the 'water' evaporates - it leaves a thick paste that you can rub onto the glass, then polish off. It's worked fpr me.

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
        i think you put it on rub it around the glass then get a nice smooth cloth and rub it all off dont use water i think what you want is a thin layer of the washing up liquid to be left on the glass to stop the fog (guys please update me if im wrong)
        Just leave to dry before rubbing off!

Works 100% for me.

Comment

What I do:
          mix 1/1 fairy liquid and warm water
          soak lenses in it, then dry with a lint free cloth
          then soak lenses in it again but stand them upright so they can drip dry

Comment

What i do :D

Buy mesh goggles

Ask about joining the UNIT

Comment

Originally posted by trojan1106 View Post
              Put some washing uo liquid in a small container & leave it until the 'water' evaporates - it leaves a thick paste that you can rub onto the glass, then polish off. It's worked fpr me.
              this is the best method I found .Also if you apply it smeary the night before ,then buff it in the next day I works longer .I still end up steaming up in the end .Saying that I only use that for work while sand blasting ,when playing airsoft I wear mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
                this is the best method I found .Also if you apply it smeary the night before ,then buff it in the next day I works longer .I still end up steaming up in the end .Saying that I only use that for work while sand blasting ,when playing airsoft I wear mesh.
                i was gonna say surely your a mesh man haha

Comment

just use thick silicone grease from maplins.
                  makes fater form into droplets instead of mist on your lenses and the water just drips off then
                  trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

You could just buy an aerosol anti-fog spray from a bike shop. It's not that dear, comes in a massive tin, and works fine. You can even spray it on the outside, and it stops rain droplets sticking to the outside, should it rain. Thank god for 'airsoft weather'.

Comment

Nothing REALLY works from my experience. Shelf bought purpose stuff might stop fogging for a while, but in truth theres no 'fog proof' soloution out there :/

Comment

shatterproof contact lenses? haha obviously not being serious

Comment

the best way to stop fogging is....... bin the glasses and buy mesh ones lol :eek: :D

Comment

this topic is one of those that ever go away lol! there are a few methods that help reduce fogging or help clear it. heat build up seems to be a major factor for me and wearig heavy head gear such as a helmet or a warm hat will make you sweat and this condenses on your lenses. so obviously one way to reduce fogging is wear light ad cool head gear -- and ensure that theres room for air to flow roud the goggles.

another method i employ is to wear a neckercheif---this makes a superb and ever handy lense wipe!
                            but ultimately the way ahead is mesh---it never fogs!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Edge Studying Software Development in College Find out more about Edge
                            Working...
                            X