How fast would you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast would you go?

I have just read this and thought that a few might also be interested....

For obvious reasons I can't post where this came from. But the gun tech is HunterSeeker5.

Ms210 spring fresh.... (it is at its peak power for its first half dozen cycles) element high torque motor, 18.5v 3000mah 20C (little fuzzy on the battery numbers, call them conservative.) 35rps
    DSG m140 w/spacer, JG red motor, 14.8v 4000mah 20C, 71rps

My benchmark for performance on the element torque motor, without any tricks like bearings or SSing, is that a 12v NIMH pack or 11.1v lithium pack will push stock ratio gears pulling an m120 to about 30rps. What makes the motor special is that you can radically increase the torque load and as long as your battery can supply the amperage without a nasty voltage drop you won't lose motor RPM. They also seem pretty resistant to lighting on fire, although covering the comm in crap at 18.5v isn't much trouble
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Re: How fast would you go?

71 rps....if thats correct,i would be amazed to see a mag that could feed that fast
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

It will be correct. You don't need to question HunterSeeker5 on authenticity.

It's using a dsg set up so they fire twice per revolution of the sector gear.
      Gun tech.

Comment

I'd love to see a gun with that high ROF, but for practical reasons i would never own one...

Comment

seems abit far fetched as am i right in sayin the spring is a m210 .....

the piston would just shatter running at that high speed ...

Comment

No. Similar to running any normal set up at 35rps, but using a compressed M120 spring so it returns quick enough to be picked up. So long as the piston has come to rest, it doesn't matter how soon the next cycle starts.
            Gun tech.

Comment

yes but the spring is an Ms210 you have quoted , that alone gives over 450 fps, and with a high torque, with the extra power burst of the 18v, it will tear the piston to bits due to the excess power the spring is releasing on the piston , unless he has a carbon mixed polymer piston with titaninum teeth

Comment

i have no idea what all this mumbo jumbo about pistons and springs is, all i know is. i want one.

Comment

It doesnt fully compress them, it uses the stronger spring to reduce the backward movement needed. It is rotating the same speed as any normal set up at 35rps...

There are many pistons able to with stand that kind of performance.

Can't comment on the piston composition, will only say that he is one of the best gun techs and nearly all will learn from him if they like the things he does. Along with the manufacturer of the dsg system.

And you really wouldn't want to skirmish with one, that is extreme gun teching at it's best.
                  Gun tech.

Comment

yeah , but all im saying if he has a normal aeg piston , due to the piston not being fully pushed back due to the tense spring the teeth will be chewed up alot faster where as if a rubbish piston it will just shatter ...

all depends on his composite of the piston and its alloys

Comment

Sounds about right, though 71rps does seem a little low for a 14.8v, particularly as i tested over 62 with an 11.1v 3200mah ebay lipo. I don't doubt HS5, but if you are after faster, it has been done... Speak to danny about that one

DSG setups at that speed will not last long enough to see the average user satisfied. They are fantastic if you know how to run them, but the average user does not.

Due to the masses of torque required to turn these springs the motors are just as much of a problem as the pistons are, the initial stages of the cycle are still equally as demanding as an FPS based platform.

A decent piston to suit the concept platforms is what is needed really, there isn't really one out there at the moment, and like i have said before the same goes for the motor.
                      dsgdreamteam

Comment

yes but are the rps tested by audible means...because i would like to know if its physically possible to push bbs out at that speed or higher
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

It is possible, I have a few chrono pics in my profile of my 1st test. The results discussed over at ASM will not use the dated and flawed audacity results, it will almost certainly be actual feeding rates.
                          dsgdreamteam

Comment

I was going to buy the components to put one of these super speed set ups together....

What stopped me was the fact that once perfected and who knows just how long that would take....With the fact that once it was perfected you just couldn't turn up and give everyone a dose of measals...It's just not sporting...lol. It renders the gun useless unless you are just showing off.

So I resulted in putting quite a high voltage through a dissapointing motor instead. Even that wasn't exaclty fast.

Guard, it may be one of these. Matrix piston.

Gun tech.

Comment

it all depends really ,

on all the internal composites for the pistons .

the motor used, would love to see RA techs new hyper torque,

but at 42rps bb's can feed , my old m4 was at 39 as jag calculated, and boy did it fire .

but the 70+, dont even want to see that running if he gets all internals correct,

after the composites been confirmed i will have more faith :p

midas if it is indeed the matrix piston, it will be doing alot mor the 35 :p, but it still the doubt of the high power spring , if it was a 140 or even a 150 max i would be sound , but that muc poke on the spring

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                              Working...
                              X