Plastic Creaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Creaking

Ok so ive got a G3 here thats really quite nice, but the only thing I really cant get over is the amount it creaks, I know its a common thing on longer bodied plastic rifles and I keep reading everywhere that it's 'easy to fix' but no one lists how!!

Any ideas?

Re: Plastic Creaking

I have the same problem on my P90, particularly towards the rear of the rifle.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

No, I don't think theres a way

Had the same problem with my old JG mp5, but bought an ICS, BIG difference.

Comment

i have a g3 sg1 and the handguard creeks like hell

now it dosnt creek at all

what i did was get bits of foam cut it up into little bits and just shove loads of bits into the hand guard and then put it back on - now it dosnt creek at all and feels very sturdy - all the bits are inside the guard and you cant see them from the outside of the gun and you have no reason to take it off becuz the battery is in the stock

easy fix!

Comment

I fixed the creak on my G3 SG1 by buying a full metal body and cocking tube for it However the solution I used before was using electrical tape on the inside of the hand grip on the parts that touch the cocking tube.

Comment

A temporary fix is to finely sand the points of contact, its also useful for removing that horrible ABS plastic shine
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ejtrent Find out more about ejtrent
            Working...
            X