More and more sales posts with no user name in photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More and more sales posts with no user name in photos

Over the past few months I’m seeing more and more sale posts with photo with no username and date included.

Just be aware that as a buyer, it’s up to you to get the seller to confirm the photos are theirs and not taken off the web or social media.

I as a buyer would always check the sellers feedback and if there is only one photo, ask for extra. Especially if the item you are buying is a lot of money. There is no excuse for a seller to only take a photo of one side of the gun and not include detailed photos. I also do a reverse image search on the web to see if they pop up on another site. Someone was caught out selling a rif with an image of a real AR from an American site.

There are some scammers on the site and this is something they do and members get caught out then put a lost soles post up or an I’ve been scammed post. Don’t let yourself be that person.

All the above also goes for swaps. They can be worse as no money is involved and no PayPal claim can be made.

I’m not a moderator, but do ask new users to add their details to photos if I spot them as it is in the forum rules, and I don’t want anyone getting ripped off.

So, if you’re posting, add your name to your photos, and if your buying/swapping, ask for a photo if there is no info or ask for extra photos showing more of the rif.

Thanks for reading, and don’t get ripped off.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Good thread & agree 100%, in fact Id go as far to say if the seller has hardly any history or feedback, ask for particular details to be added to the pictures, for example if the seller claims to be in a particular area, why not ask for his username to be written across this weeks local paper for the area, a simple thing to do, especially if he's expecting you to part with your hard earned cash.
    And FFS, do not pay by bank transfer or PayPal friends and family, goods only, any thing else & you might as well flush your money down the shitter

Comment

There was a time that a mod would remove a sales thread for not adding your username and date as it was a breach of the sales guidelines. Doesn't seem to happen now.
      Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Tbh I think mods are pretty thin on the ground so to speak, mod interference was always pretty limited anyway, especially when it came to "outing" potential scammers, more concern about breaking data protection laws etc, which I do get, so not criticism per se, especially when members have often neglected to use common sense sense when trading, but still irks when some scammers repeatedly get away with it.

Comment

Following on from this is I’ve also noticed more and more sellers seem to be using ‘artistic’ pictures in their adds , I’m sorry but I don’t want to see some wistful dreamy picture of half a receiver in soft focus , I want to see the whole gun and sectional closeups in crisp clear detail and hopefully in stark bright light so I can see the whole thing INCLUDING all it’s imperfections !
          Please leave the ‘moody’ picture for the photo’s of my kit section of the forum and not the sales section ?
          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simon Find out more about simon
          Working...
          X