Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

LAW's and Nade launcher are they worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAW's and Nade launcher are they worth it?

hi guys myself and my team are in a disagreement with each other about getting LAW's and nade launchers. anyone who has any past experience good/bad with them let me know so we can decide if we should or shouldnt get them.

Sorry if it sounds like a silly one, but just wanted to see everyone's views on them and how useful and effective they are.

cheers guys

Ben

Re: LAW's and Nade launcher are they worth it?

might aswell just get a '203
    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

yea but what we are saying is it worth it are they reliable, its a area of airsoft we have never used.

Cheers
      Ben

Comment

From my past experience, as long as you get decent shells, it's a very reliable system. Great fun to raid buildings with :D
        WE/RA-tech M14 EBR | WE/RA-tech M14 | WE/RA-tech AKM | TM MP7A1 | PPS Kar 98K | Well MB03 | Hawsan Sawn Off Shotgun | TM USPc | Maruzen Walther P38 | Bell 1911 | Marushin S.A.A. Peacemaker

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_UAL View Post
          From my past experience, as long as you get decent shells, it's a very reliable system. Great fun to raid buildings with :D
          oooh yeah!

great for building clearing and its all down to the shells really in my opinion its not worth the money they charge for em all its stupid money but if yo get a set second hand then its worth every penny, extremely fun to use and they look awesome :D

Comment

thank for all you replies so far im slowly winning the battle for nade launchers :D

Comment

203's are more practical but LAWS are a bigger fun factor. Imagine sticking you head round a corner and seeing a RPG pointed at you. I bet you pull your head back quicker than if it was a pistol.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

If I'm not mistaken both nade launchers and LAWs use 40mm m203 shells so performance wise they should both be exactly the same. Only ever used ICS 72 round shells but I find they perform much better using them at half capacity, around 36 is a good number- the bbs will fly a much further distance. With the shell at full capacity (full 72 bbs) on the other hand, I'm lucky if they shoot about 15 meters. Am sure there are better 40mm shells available but this is probably something worth bearing in mind when considering g/launchers or laws at all.

Comment

half laod is the way forward. I have an M79 for my nam kit and with the new Vandaras shells, it's a beast. plus at 14 quid per shell, its not mush more expensive than buying brand name mags. Oh the sound it makes is LOOVLEY:D

Comment

With launchers it all depends on the shells.

LAW's RPG's and even the Mortars you can get all are mainly purchased over an m203 to either a)go with the kit b) for the scenario (this is mostly in reference to those that do mostly milsim) or c) The intimidation factor.

You see a guy running towards you with an m203 on his armalite. You generally just either run or shoot the hell out of him as it takes him time to get to the trigger.

You see a guy with an RPG or LAW aimed at you, you generally cack yourself and either scream hit or run like the wind!

Have a word with aeviv he has an RPG, but as said performance wise is mostly down to the shells used, skimp on the shells, you will regret it later, personally when I had my M203 I used Madbull shells and they were great.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

kk so what im going to have to do is see if i can get down to a airsoft shop and test fire diffrent shells to see range diffrence. hopefully i can find a airsoft shop that will allow this. do you also think that diffrent brand's of nade launchers make a diffrence for example ICS VS classic army?....

cheers
                      Ben

Comment

Some will come with metal inner barrels (In an m203 they have an inner barrel that is either plastic or metal all the way down the tube)

What you want is a shell with a good resivoir for range. I had the madbull 96 round shells that were imitation flare rounds. Long loading tubes, half full of bb's plus full of gas equals a decent range and bit more power than a full one.

Also remember for things like Moscarts and re-usable frags you can use those annoying BB's that have been on your bedroom floor (provided of course they dont have something stupid stuck to them and are still cleanish just have grease on them) As the moscarts just use a large o-ring around the top to hold the bb's in the tubes and same at the bottom there is not much to clean or get dirty.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I picked up a box of about 20000 used bb's just for this purpose. Usully if you ask nicely the site you play at, if it is urban/cqb will let you take as many as you want.

I wash and rinse them when I get home and I do spend a few hrs sifting though them to weed out any terminally ill ones. Tedious I know but saves a hell of a lot of money on bb's.
                          Feedback link

Comment

yea that's not a bad idea. and i suppose they cant do much damage to the nade. i will see if i can source some for this purpose and for claymores to i suppose?

Cheers
                            Ben

Comment

Yep that's another use they can be put to. There's no barrel to damage. Nothing at all in the claymore to hurt, and possibly the only thing in a moscart, if you aren't too careful when sifting, is possibly damaging the O ring that holds the bb's in place. But since these are pennies from Maplins I think it' is worth it for the saving you make.
                              Feedback link

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X