making an m16 DMR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making an m16 DMR

hey, not strictly sure if this is a correct title for my thread but hey. as im not sure if a DMR is what im thinking it is.

basically i play alot of woodland play and my site limits are 350 for an aeg. my basic ideas were to make either one of these-

-an m16 with full and semi auto that shoots at 350 fps, ide want this to be a range set up (i would upgrade accordingly).

-an m16 styled stiper rifle set up, semi fire only this would be allowed to shoot up to 450 fps.

basically my questions are-

which one would be most expensive?
    what sort of upgrades would i need?
    whats a good starter model for the 2?
    whats a DMR?

any questions answered will be greatly appreciated-

btw i like the look of this-

cheers, CW

Re: making an m16 DMR

DMR is a designated marksman rifle - a sort of half-way between a sniper and an ordinary rifleman. As to the cost etc, I don't know very much about that sort of stuff, but someone else will definitely be able to help you
    Others till I die

Comment

you could buy yourself a regular M16 A4 with RIS and lock it to semi and put a stronger spring in and apply bipod and scope and there you go..... Could get all that for around £200 fora cheap budget.
      CA & JP Rifles SPR (Upgraded)
      CA M4A1 SPC

Comment

M16A4 any day for the main thing.

Things to get / improve

You will need to improve the compression on the gear box (When you push the piston down and hold the nozzle no air should escape ) Once that is sorted look into the hop up unit fiddle around with different rubbers and nubs untill you get a nice grouping / range.

Maybe a madbull advanced hop up unit for the fine tuning.

If you are not happy by then look into getting a madbull/prommy tight bore barrel.

Then once installed you might need to fiddle around with rubbers and nubs again to get the best out put
        Hate.
        "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Originally posted by 013753 View Post
          you could buy yourself a regular M16 A4 with RIS and lock it to semi and put a stronger spring in and apply bipod and scope and there you go..... Could get all that for around £200 fora cheap budget.

I would do a bit more than that tbh, you would need to make sure the motor is of the high torque variety, good set of gears and piston, reinforced gearbox, spring, either a 9.6v battery or lipo, and if you go lipo i'd recommend you stick in a mosfet. And thats just the gearbox. What im trying to say is that if your gona do it dont do it half arsed.
          Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Any M16.
            Upgrades:
            - RIS M16 hand guard or a SPC extreme front end if your splashing out.
            - Scope (any type)
            - Quick release bipod
            - Prommy tight bore (or any tb)
            - Depending on what brand of M16 you get, a new hop unit or rubber.
            - New piston head, for better air seal, thus more power
            - M120 spring (?)
            sigpic

Comment

here's some ideas for you to consider if it helps

http://www.muzzyscustomworkshop.co.uk/home/gallery
              The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

You could also consider a rifled barrel. Team mate has one on his SIG and it certainly shooters flatter and further than the my gun. He has to use 0.25's and the hop just barely on. Its shoots at about 350fps.

Comment

Probably the best base gun will be a G&P m16a4(RAS) its hard to find though but wolf that is red might help costs about $300.

Comment

High torque gears and motor
                    120 spring
                    6.03 madbull barrel with tm rubber
                    systema silent piston head
                    and use .28 or .3 bbs

Originally posted by Metalbody
                    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

can anyone please recommend a ris system for a classic army m16a3 m16?

Comment

or you could just get an SR 25? which looks like the rifle in the pic you like mate, but i guess this defeats the object of making something from scratch if thats what you want to do
                        "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered
                        automatic weapons."

Comment

Or a G&P SAM-R
                          Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris wheeler Find out more about chris wheeler
                          Working...
                          X