Posting RIFs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting RIFs

So this must get asked a lot.... but who is the best to go for if sending rifs throughout mainland UK? Best pricing and ease of getting it sent are my main interests...

Thanks

Technically, the Post Office are the only ones who MUST carry them (they travel under Lowe powered air weapons)

Other carriers such as Hermes, etc set the their own Ts & Cs and can forbid carriage.

Parcel Force I think refuse carriage by private sellers, but when sub-contracted by the Post Office they have to carry. (PF48 is typically about £15 - £20 for a boxed AEG)

Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
    VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
    VFC 416c, 416d AEG
    HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

I use Parcel Force, via the Post Office, all the time and, so far, touch wood, I’ve never had any issues. You have to take the parcel to the post office and they will only send it tracked 48h, but in my experience and from what I’ve heard of other couriers, it’s the most reliable route. Inform the counter staff that it’s an airsoft gun and you may have to explain what airsoft is, but they will accept it and it will be sent. In the past I’d say it was a toy or toy parts, something like that, but I now just tell them what it is and there’s never been a problem. If you explain it’s like a paintball gun they seem to understand a bit better. The value, size and weight will all have an impact on how much it costs to send, but they will insure it for the full value.
      The only stupid question is one that was never asked.

Comment

As above when sending as they will pay out insurance if it gets lost, others won’t as they shouldn’t be carrying them.

I have received a lot of rifs through other couriers and they have been fine, but personally, I’d only send Royal Mail 48.

I go on to the RM website and print out the part where they say they carry them, I put one in the box and take one to show the staff who sometimes don’t know that they take them. The one in the box is in case someone opens it at the depot and thinks they can distort it, hopefully they will read it and realise they can’t.
        Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post guys.
          helps a lot only shipped gear and parts before now so welcomed the detailed posts

Thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ADCairsoft Leaving airsoft after not playing so selling everything. If your interested in anything am open to offers Find out more about ADCairsoft
          Working...
          X