X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rampage View Post

Give you fiddy quid for em?
    Sound about right.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Originally posted by simon View Post

Sound about right.
      Is that what the wife thinks you paid for each of them ? ​​

Comment

I’ve been here for nearly 19 years and won’t be going anywhere, things may be quiet thanks to the mess that is Facebook, but the Forum is always the better place to trade and information is archived in a much more orderly fashion.

It’s sad that so many have gone down over the years and a lot of very decent information has been lost, we’re in a era of a large growth in airsoft and with mostly Facebook to turn to, the knowledge on what’s what is noticeably very poor compared to what it once was.

I think Facebook killed the forums if Im honest, and amongst the fact that it’s Saturated with dossers, people with nothing better to do and old people is apart of the reason why I’ll never have an account.

Instagram has its place and doesn’t really affect boards.

Discord is a refreshing approach and is probably about the closest thing we will get to the old board structure.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Coincidence, funy thing isn't it? Not been around here for many a while myself. Laptops have come and gone, favourites exported to new browsers, groups of links dropped into folders, unused folders dropped into folders and forgotten. Time passes...
          Then I'm looking for a part and a bulb lights up in my head "Airsoft! I bet I could find what I need on one of the airsoft forums". A quick search later and I find a familiar place with a new look. I try my old login and wow, still works!
          It does seem quieter than I remember but I'm enjoying having a nose around, I really must put my wallet somewhere safe as it still has memories of before
          Running out of places to hide stuff from the wife

Comment

I've been playing at GZ for 7 years and I can say the sportsmanship has taken a bit of a nosedive during that time. Every time I seem to go I always hear somebody effing and geoffing about hit taking. Massive shame, I love the site and what they've done to it over those 7 years of attendance.

Perhaps it's down to the frustrations of not being so sure about if hits were actually hitting people rather than the several thousand layers of rhododendron bushes. I have no personal issues with them as I'm young and brave enough to crawl through them, but I think they should just get rid of the rhododendrons, they're an invasive species at the end of the day!

Personally however, I can count on one hand how many rotten experiences I've had. Few to hit taking at close range, one to a bullet proof bush, and one to somebody shooting me at close range in the head while I was dead with the excuse "your hand was down" (which I suppose is fair considering my hand was down but walking to the deadzone with a rifle slung in a non-aggresive body language to suggest I wasn't playing).

I wish GZ would play in different areas because its such a large site, but we always seem to hover around the same areas like the village or firebase charlie. Landing Zone is my favourite but not much really happens there anymore.

I've always given GZ a second chance, but I'm sometimes struggling to justify going and I cannot stress enough how much I love the site, especially the staff and regulars who are always up for a chat!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

andyGZW Find out more about andyGZW
            Working...
            X