X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark 9 thunderflash

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced one of these?

I set one off in the middle of a heavy firefight at TWA yesterday and there was about 20 seconds of silence afterwards as nobody knew what to do! It was incredibly loud - I was told they felt it from the safe zone! We certainly all felt it in the pit!!

Re: Mark 9 thunderflash

its illegal over here....nice one
    Originally posted by jonnyhal
    For Sale: very nice heavy springer
    Originally posted by soulflame2
    when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

Not sure they are, as the manufacture Enola Gaye sells them here in the UK.

However:

Our MK9 Thunderflash is designed for professional use only and is the most powerful product we are prepared to offer; it offers a huge noise effect with a minimum safety distance of 20 meters. To purchase this product you will need to be a known customer to Enola Gaye. If you are not a known customer call our office, we will ask you to complete a 'Registration of Use' form that requires ID from here we can evaluate your proposed sale.

Comment

to use in an airsoft game it is im sure.. not in the land of the scottish though as seen at POW bonnybridge :D
        Originally posted by jonnyhal
        For Sale: very nice heavy springer
        Originally posted by soulflame2
        when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

My site only allows MK5's, i wouldn't be too happy about a MK9 going off at my feet tbh.
          sigpic

Comment

I was at twa yesterday and i could feel the ground shaking from 30m away, i kid you not
            i just feel sorry for the poor guys in the building the grenade landed next to
            Originally posted by parky
            If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

Which i was in :P Ears were ringing hahah, felt the shockwave, was quite entertaining though

Comment

Mk 9's are way over the allowable decibel level. You may find some marshalls use them to signify certain objectives. But not for us mere mortals. I'm supprised you were not banned and shown the gate straight away.

You can buy them from a few manufactures, but most only sell them in multiples of 25 to stop people from bying one or two.

Which in turn stops idiots using them in game. Supposedly.
                Last edited by North West Outpost; 17 October, 2010, 16:11.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Which leads to two questions really....

- Did you tell the site you had non standard Pryo? (I know they ask during the brief)
                  - Where did you get it from anyway?

Comment

He did JAG, he told them he had some TLSFX MK9s

Comment

At our site, Mk9s are for special effects only ie. blowing up buildings etc and only people who have been taught how to use them are allowed to set up and use them

Comment

we used them many years ago to blow up the inside of a caravan at swat airsoft
                        KA BOOM, die zombies

Comment

Well done for generally being a clever dick and more than likely damaging a few peoples sense of hearing.

MK9's are for professional use as it says (They are generally as loud as a milspec flashbang which is 140db iirc) They are supposed to be used in an open area where the sound can dissipate, not in buildings. The reason is they can be like the GR-20's, they use a similar charge and have been known when used in a confined space to make people physically sick, damage hearing and generally be not very good for you. This is why they are not allowed on 99% of sites and certainly not made to be let off in a building.

Well done for being a dick and generally putting your fellow airsofter's health at risk unnecessarily! Bravo give that man a speshul badge!

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Anything over 120db used by punters won't be covered by insurance in a law case!

Comment

There was one used two weeks ago, and the guy got a boloking by the marshals for using. It was bloody loud! It seemed to resonate through all the halls round the building!
                              Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
                              Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
                              Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
                              Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                              Working...
                              X