Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying an AK - what brand is it?

Hi all,

Thought I'd throw this out to the community as it's got me stumped - asking for a friend (no, really lol) with an AK and no idea what make it is.

Construction is laminate wood grip and stock, lower receiver is steel, hop up unit is plastic, no markings at all on the motor (which is black) gearbox appears to have 6mm bushings.

The bit that's throwing me is it's rear wired and the stock is hollow...?

Few pics below, but any thought's would be most welcome
    Cheers Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 13.30.18.pngScreenshot 2023-04-22 at 13.31.16.pngScreenshot 2023-04-22 at 13.31.40.pngScreenshot 2023-04-22 at 13.30.35.pngScreenshot 2023-04-22 at 13.30.47.png

Irrc JG use black motors, but I might be mistaken because cyma has steel receivers and also Kalash which is another ACM all china made gun
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
      Irrc JG use black motors, but I might be mistaken because cyma has steel receivers and also Kalash which is another ACM all china made gun
      For sure, but looking at some of the earlier LCT gearboxes, they used a black motor, bushes and the allen headed bolts on the gearbox. That said, the receiver markings for semi & full auto aren't in the correct place for LCT.

I don't know of any manufacturer making a laminated wood stock with a battery compartment though lol

Comment

That woodwork screams G&G AKM to me.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
          That woodwork screams G&G AKM to me.
          Hadn't even thought of G&G actually...
          Last edited by Oslo; 25 April, 2023, 12:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Oslo View Post

For sure, but looking at some of the earlier LCT gearboxes, they used a black motor, bushes and the allen headed bolts on the gearbox. That said, the receiver markings for semi & full auto aren't in the correct place for LCT.

I don't know of any manufacturer making a laminated wood stock with a battery compartment though lol
            I've never owned any wood LCT only RS so wouldn't know,the wood stock could have been after market, but their motors were black, the button that holds the selector lever is a good indicator btw

Comment

So got this apart last night for a look, it's LCT - not bad for £90 then

thumbnail_IMG_0456.jpg
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

£90, wow I've got two LCT rifs they are very well built and a dream to work on

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Oslo Find out more about Oslo
                Working...
                X