• fps = range true or not

what range difference would 450 fps give over 328 fps

Re: fps = range true or not

None end of discussion

Comment

Not quite, could be some or none
      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

No conditions were stated, so the answer is a definate no. With no hopup, the bb will go straight down into the ground. Max range of 30 or so feet. With any fps. So the answer to the question by the op is simple NO.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
          With no hopup, the bb will go straight down into the ground. Max range of 30 or so feet. With any fps.
          Would you be willing to stand 40ft down-range of any of my 380fps+ AEGs with the hops turned off?...

Comment

Most likely yes. From my tests iv'e found that the bb's shot from a gun with no hop don't go further than 30 feet. May just be the rifles i tested but those were my results.

Comment

Although high FPS means the bb will go faster, without hop up it will just be driving itself faster to the ground.

Comment

With a decent ammount of hop and a heavier bb, YES you will get increased range, go with something like a .3 bb

Originally posted by Metalbody
                pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Despite everyone going off on their own tangent and having a bit of an arguement...

At 450fps, you open up the realms of slightly heavier BBs. This alone with give you a little more consistent accuracy at range. In short, yes, you will get more range... But no, it's not going to change the world.

Comment

Well according to the laws of physics if you have 2 guns with the same barrel length, one is 330 FPS the other 450 FPS, the one that is shooting at 450 FPS will shoot further without any hop. However when you introduce hop into the equation it makes thing SO much more complicated.

From my experience Hop seems to work best at 280-330 FPS, that is why TM guns have such good range. I have 2 guns that both shoot at 290-300 and they both hit 40m happily, the have alot more potentual if I was to spend a fortune up grading the Hop unit's but I am happy with them as they are.

If you are shooting with no hop and simple elevate the barrel to get maximum range yes the 450 will shot alot further. How ever with the magical way hop units work you won't get much if any increase when shooting flat with hop adjusted properly as it is such a delicate balance between hop, fps and ammo weight.

Comment

Hasn't this already been discussed 3 million times before? Having spent a great deal of time reading through what you gents have posted in other threads, I have come to believe that a 'good' hop and lower fps will always beat a bad hop with a high fps. Have also tested with my own gun, when shooting at 320fps i get more or less exactly the same range as when shooting at 385fps, the reason being that the hop bucking is crap and I need to get a new one lol. Go for a new bucking over a stronger spring, to achieve more range.

Comment

I had this discussion with Neil at Z1. He stopped me in my tracks when I asked to get a load of upgrades for my G&P M4. In theory the higher the FPS the further the bb will go.

However we have all seen in practice the capability of TM's to perform brilliantly with about 280 fps.

Comment

Just an after note to the op.....

In an upgraded gun, with all the nessissary work being done and the right texture of rubber pressing against your balls....Yes you are better off with the higher fps.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
                            Although high FPS means the bb will go faster, without hop up it will just be driving itself faster to the ground.
                            God no. If the gun is perfectly level it will go VERTICALLY downward with the exact same acceleration. Due to gravity. Components of forces, secondary school physics and all that.

However without hop on either gun, THAT much more fps will go noticably further.

Even with hopup, you'll see a difference.

The 'fps=range' A-level physics class newton mechanics argument breaks down when you're only cranking the FPS up 20-30, because then air resistance and hopup make too much of a difference for the perfect world of physics equations to ignore.

Basic answer, increase it 100 or so fps, yes they'll be a difference. Go from 328-350, probably not.

You're far better off getting a more decent hopup.

EDIT, also +1 on abbadon's post.

Comment

Originally posted by sunburnthammer View Post
                              However we have all seen in practice the capability of TM's to perform brilliantly with about 280 fps.
                              This is very true and if you look at the SOPMOD thread you will also see that even when equiped with their flag ship model, it's easy to assess that most people strive for betterment.
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Silent_Knight Find out more about Silent_Knight
                              Working...
                              X