Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.11 VTAC LBE vest. Is it any good?

hi
    just wondering whether anyone has one of these and are they worth getting over say a warrior RICAS or something along the same lines.
    the reason i have taking to this is because it looks quite light weight unlike the Warrior which i have been told is farely heavy even without the Ceramic plates!
    i also think it looks good because i get hot very quickly and it looks like it is quite breathable.
    one i have noticed .
    how do you attach a belt to it?
    it has little loops at the bottom but i dont what belt would fit them!

i am just after feedback on which you all think i should get.
    thanks all

Re: 5.11 VTAC LBE vest. Is it any good?

Are you going to buy the ceramic plates for your ricas? If so why?

Also wearing a plate carrier kind of spreads the weight around alot better than webbing does (in my experience anyway), what sort of weight are you planning on lugging onto an airsoft field?

Comment

haha
      m8 you have completely misunderstood me!
      i dont need ceramic plates and i dont have a RICAS!
      i want a VTAC because it looks lighter in weight and more bresthable
      i was wondering what you all thought

Comment

If I misunderstood you, perhaps you should use english with proper punctuation and form your questions better to receive better answers.

If you want a VTAC get a VTAC, if you want a plate carrier get a plate carrier.

I gave you some information on ricas/ciras/plate carriers, they spread the weight around the body better than a webbing type setup.

Comment

I have got a 5.11 VTAC LBE Vest I must state now this is all my own personal opinion, I think its a quality bit of kit.

It is lightweight, I find it cool (temprature wise) to wear, you can put pouches on your sides unlike the 5.11 plate carrier, there is a slot on the back panel to put a ceramic plate if required or you feel the need i just use it for water bladder. Its highly adjustable so nicely fitting unless you smaller than 5ft 6inches.

Now I have never owned a RICAS but I have owned several Army issuse ops vest of different varieties, few sets of PLCE & 58 pattern webbing, a Viper chest rig and a Proud chest harness/plate carrier and I will say this I think its the best I have owned.

As for the belt issuse I made some straps to go throught the loops on the vest and then put the belt through the straps I made.

Comment

great
            thats what im after!
            thanks m8 i think im going to start looking for one right away!
            thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
            Working...
            X